Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,842 Posts
I have a few Angelo Bee engraved shotguns. He is one of the best engravers alive today. I would think he would charge about $4000-4500 to do that work on a DB that one could supply to him. Since he does preparation and finishes the gun with bluing after engraving, one could start with a gun that has a lot of blue wear on it. Maybe a $700-1000 gun. However, as with all great engravers, 'some waiting is required.'

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I think the stocks detract from the overall appearance.Why put cheap stocks on a fine piece like that.JMO D*

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Oddly enough, with the prices people nowadays are asking for used Pythons and Diamondbacks (.22 and .38) the $7,500 tag actually seems reasonable.

Regarding the stocks/grips, those are the kind original to the gun and seem perfect to me. Glad some aftermarket design wasn't used.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I don't like the eagle. If it didn't have that, it would be a beautiful piece, but the eagle just has no place or history to be put on there. I think the gold rampant Colt was enough, and really liked that part.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.