Colt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been trying to buy a Government in 38 Super (02991) for quite a few months. Only ones I could find (at a reasonable cost) all fell through. One just disappeared after we agreed on the price. The next guy call me the day he was to ship and decided he just could part with it. I even offer more money, but no go. Then I read a thread about a guy who bought one, shot 1 box of shells and decided he didn't like it. He works at a dealer so he bought it for the good price and passed the savings on to me. It will be here Tuesday

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Great gun...glad you finally landed one. Congratulations.

·
Registered
101 Posts
As the proprietor of a local cajun restaurant says in his TV commercials: "I know you gon' love it!"

I too, chased a .38 Super for years. Finally bought one in 1911. Wonderful gun!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Its good to see the .38 super making a strong comeback. Congrats and enjoy, it will last you a lifetime !!!!!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Nice grab! I hope you like yours as much as I like mine. It's a ball to shoot, and a lot of gun for the money.

·
Registered
376 Posts
.38 supers are a hot ticket item right now. With the ammo hording .45 ACP is almost impossible to come by. .38 super however can be had at most shops. At least around here without an issue. Lots of guys are buying .38's so they can shoot.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Are these a limited run by Colt? See a dozen of them on GB for less than a grand and my LGS has one NIB. Hmmmm...do I need to grab it?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
not that I am aware of.

Got a great deal on mine. Guy who works for a dealer bought it, shot one box through it and decided he didn't like it. So I bought it right. Can't tell it isn't new. Going camping this weekend so will runs rounds through it. Dry fired a lot tonight. This is one if the crispest/lightest factory Colt triggers I have seen. i did clean it up a little internally, added a Nighthawk trigger, and some grip screws

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
The new Colt pistols in 38 super are wonderful pistols, well made and accurate.
Hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm the ones I've accumulated.

Others of course may have different opinions.

rayb

1 - 14 of 14 Posts