Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Vendor
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As a Colt recommended Service & Restoration Center, we removed the hand etching on the frame, cylinder turn lines, pits, etc., on this Colt Trooper, and added a new set of Colt factory presentation grips. And as we always do here at Custom Shop, Inc., we returned the revolver to its 100% Factory Specifications. We specialize in High Polish Factory finishing and customer satisfaction. Check out our BEFORE and AFTER photos.

COLT TROOPER BEFORE RESIZE.jpg COLT TROOPER AFTER RESIZE.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
Very nice work...

Reactions: VaqueroAZ

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Beautiful job! I would like to know the cost of restoration on this piece. Can you send a PM about it?

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Looks good from here. How do you restore roll marks and stamps? Any detailed pictures of those? That's a deal breaker for me in a resto. thx!

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
I just talked with that shop and they do no nickel plating. Also, even though they list on their site that they can do nickel and gold de-plating/removal, they have stopped doing that. I was disappointed in that I have a Colt DA that was originally nickel that I need re-done.

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
I have bookmarked your priceless page for future reference. Thanks for showing us the quality of your work and for giving us an idea about costs.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts