Colt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had an uninteresting generic 1936 Colt Police Positive Target, typical 6" .22 about 90-95% finish. I was never comfortable with the look or feel, and had a vision for it.

After a quick visit to the pros at Nutmeg Sports, the barrel was cut, a custom front site made with ivory insert, beautiful period correct refinish and gorgeous ivory grips. The perfect "kit gun" and it shoots great.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Did not need to replace any internals, the action is pretty nice. The old site is at their shop... if you'd like it I'd be happy to see if it is still sitting around and if it is I will mail it to you. Steve.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nutmeg had the gun for three weeks. I had left it at another Connecticut gunsmith for over six months and took it back out of frustration (disgust actually). Nutmeg did a spectacular job and I am very detailed and critical on this type of custom work. And it is a shooter! Steve.

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
@skwcoltguy, I like the way you kit gun turned out, care to PM me the first gunsmith you sent it to, so i don't make the same mistake ? Thanks.

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
The Ivories are absolutely beautiful! I just posted a wtb for stocks for a PP, wish I had those.
Leigh

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know, there are thousands of them out there and they don't sell fast or for big money. This one is now upgraded and will stay with me till I croak. I won't tell you what I did to a couple Pythons or New Services!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I don't know, there are thousands of them out there and they don't sell fast or for big money. This one is now upgraded and will stay with me till I croak. I won't tell you what I did to a couple Pythons or New Services!
Please show us what you've had done. I gotta know!

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
I like yours as a snub. Mine had a big piece of its right grip missing I had to fix & bore a victim of corrosive ammo. I put in a rifled liner to make it right --

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Thanks Steve. At your leisure please !

I second requesting the Python mod pictures !

Did not need to replace any internals, the action is pretty nice. The old site is at their shop... if you'd like it I'd be happy to see if it is still sitting around and if it is I will mail it to you. Steve.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts