Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some people love them, some loathe them. I like them and accumulated a few over the years

I bought my first one in 1989, Lethal Weapon was all the rage then. It was a second hand 92 F made in 1986. Shot it a lot, then tinkered with it, threaded barrel and B&T silencer, Tasco pro point on a B square mount. I still use it occasionally and it’s still going strong.

In 1999 I had the opportunity to acquire this 93r at a bankruptcy auction, complete with box, two mags and folding stock. Undated but the serial number is close to the 92 F above, so it might be a 1986 too. I asked Beretta but they sadly never bothered to respond.

In 2010 I bought this 92 FS made in 1993, I prefer the straight dust cover vs the slanted one

It also has an accessory, an 8” sport barrel.

A hard to find one that took me a long time to get. 92 Combat made in 2001

Another not so common one, I had an instant crush on it, 92 steel I from 2010

Finally I recently bought a M9A1, NIB from a private seller 40% below list price

Family photos

·
Registered
685 Posts
Wow! That’s an incredible collection. You have a few of the models I’ve been daydreaming about for years, notably those with a 1911 type safety.

I love them. For some reason I’ve always been able to shoot them well. Unless I’m at work I’m never too far from one. Once you get used to their quirks I find them to be essentially unstoppable.

My M9A1 is my goto 9mm. For the range I use a Wilson holster and mag pouches with a Safariland belt. To me they need three things to be perfect: A single side slim safety, a larger mag release button, and a metal guide rod. The slim safety lets one run the slide over the top the way they would any other gun.

Anyway, again congrats on that collection!

I grabbed this photo last week when I was at the range.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have one slated as my 2022 gun. I buy a gun a year, unless I sell one. I like both the Inox and M-9. Don’t want a rail but will add truglow sights or pure tritiums, as I have on my 1911. Wooden stocks, of course.

This is the only modern semi I crave, having nothing but dislike for polymer frames.

·
Registered
9,806 Posts
I, for one, live in awe of your stupendous accumulation of firearms Oliver !!

Of all the beautiful Beretta above, that 93R is the one I covet the most...

My only Beretta...a 9000S Type F...their first foray into polymer frames

Gun Specifications
Type:F
Produced:2000 - 2005
Caliber:9x19mm
Action:recoil operated semi-automatic
Trigger:DA / SA
Safety:frame mounted safety/de-cock lever
Magazine:10+1 rounds
Frame:polymer
Grip:polymer
Sights:fixed 3-dot
Notes:hard chromed bore barrel

Gun Dimensions
Barrel:3.5"
Length:6.6"

Width:1.7"

Height:4.8"

Weight:26.8 ounces

·
Registered
10,989 Posts
I've had several Beretta 92 models...an M9...92FS...Billenium...sold them all. My big complaint is they're a pretty large pistol for only a 9mm hole in the barrel. The only one I have now is a M9A3 still NIB I picked up below wholesale in an auction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts