Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you guys search for guns? I know the usual suspects but I am looking for new sources.I will say GunBroker,GunsAmerica and AuctionArms have been good to me.Any other ideas?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Pawn Shops and gun stores of course. No other ideas for the area I live in (IF You Are Speaking of Colts.)

In the last year I have seen exactly six Colts for sale in my area. Two were NIB DS's that I saw a guy buy both of at the same time...next was an older nickeled DS that I went back to get only to watch a guy walk out with it. Then there was a Python with what looked to be a 8" barrel (?) plus/minus. Then there was a 4"OP .38 sp.

I know of one Colt for sale and it is a used stainless 1911 of some variation. The dealers around my area say basically the same thing regarding used Colts. That is always a variation of "...people don't trade in Colts like they do Smiths...they are more collectible."

In my neck of the woods, they are definitely more scarce.

------------------
C&L

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice used Colts are so difficult to find around here so I rely on GunsAmerica more that anything else. It seems that many of the bargains sell within a couple of hours of posting so I presume avid collectors or dealers are scanning the ads on a regular basis. I tend to look for nicer examples that were priced a little too high and then negotiate with the seller after they've been posted a couple of weeks. It all depends on much the seller wants to sell but I've made a couple of good deals that way.

·
Registered
44 Posts
A local pawn shop in Asheville has a pair of older Colt Detective Specials, A very pretty blue 2" and a rough nickle 2". Prices are not so bad but I am not planning to get them.

They had a very ugly 1917 Colt for a long time. It had the smooth grips and lanyard loop, very rough finish and it was bad out of time. Very over priced. I tried to buy it at a better price but the pawn shop had to much in it to let it go. Someone got it eventually. They do show up occasionally.

------------------

1 - 4 of 4 Posts