Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at Carbines in 9mm and currently the MasterPiece and Cobray catch my eye. I'm looking at the 5" barreled pre-ban that will accept 30 round mags. I understand there's open and closed bolt guns. Not sure which is better. I notice that the MasterPiece carries a lifetime warrantee. Is there another contender? Are they easy to disassemble and work on? I can find many NIB pre-bans for $300 +/- $25. Thank you for your opinions.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I prefer the Wagner Spray Gun for decks and porches.

If you're looking for a 9mm carbine, keep in mind that Ruger has the PC9 which accepts Ruger pistol mags, is a hoot to shoot, and will last a long time. It was built on the 44 magnum action and is super sturdy. Originally, it was made for LEO's and was designed to withstand the force of the but striking a door without discharging a chambered round. I bought one used for around $350 and am very pleased with its versatility and accuracy. Currently, KY IMports has them for sale in 'used very good condition' for 360.00. I've only bought M1 Carbine mags from this company and don't know much about them.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[ QUOTE ]
I prefer the Wagner Spray Gun for decks and porches.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your sense of humor.

I recently purchased a NIB Masterpiece MAC11 with 2 clips for $299. I was getting good reviews about the Masterpiece and lifetime warrantee helped me swing that direction. I figure if I don't like it I can always get my money out of it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
You asked for "opinions". Save the money and put it to 'better' use and towards, higher quality Colts.
You can accomplish the same or MORE, with any good 12 ga. shotgun , one holding like 8 rounds or so, pump or auto, and load it with "double 0" buck, in a 3".............
12 - .30 caliber projectiles coming out with each shot, now that's impressive for laying down some 'ground fire' (spraying) and it's cheaper too.................... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
388 Posts
+1 for the above. Most of us will be better served with a good scattergun than a "spray gun". Unless you just want it for fun, or just "want it".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts