Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Better photos of \'52 Officer\'s Model Special 4sale

Hi Guys, here's some more photos of that dealer's Officer's Model Special he's selling in case anyone is interested in it. Hope these are better than the original pictures I posted. Here they are:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Re: Better photos of \'52 Officer\'s Model Special 4sale

Shoodaddy, not to hurt that dealers feelings, but the reason the gun is not getting jumped on is the condition.

I would rate it at about 90%, which is not collectable, but a shooter if it locks up tight, and has a good bore. Lots of blue loss, and the grips are worn.

We have two Specials that are at least 97% bought off auctions, paid $352.00, and $325.00. That is why I said in the other post that this one is worth about $250.00 as a shooter.

Some of the dealers we frequent have revolvers I would buy if their prices were not so high. They won't come down, because they paid to much for the gun, and are stuck. Sounds like your dealer. Or he sees some value that is not evident in the pics. The guns a beater!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Better photos of \'52 Officer\'s Model Special 4sale

Thanks for the input robba, I would tend to agree with you on this, perhaps $250 is what this gun should be selling for. Seems pretty aparent that this would only be a shooter and like you have suggested it should be priced accordingly. I didn't know these could be found for the prices you mentioned, but I'm glad I know now. I learn something everyday from the experts here and I feel very fortunate to have you guys to teach me the ropes. Thanks once again, shoodaddy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts