Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen this on other places but not Guns America until now. Someone took my GunBroker add and copied it over on Guns America. It was a good deal but not too good to be true. A new inbox 6 inch nickel python for $3000. I went ahead and used the buy it now. When they contact me for payment it's going straight to the ATF. They love to bust these crooks. Bottom-line be careful apparently being a verified member on guns America does not mean you are actually verified.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This happened to me earlier this year as well. They were very interested and followed up with me. They unfortunately did not catch them last time. We can hope this time.

·
Premium Member
4,494 Posts
Most of these scammers aren't going to give you a physical address to mail a money order to unless they are using some little old lady's house for a mail drop but rather they will want to do some kind of online payment method or a fake "escrow" service. I played with one who was running a scam on GB a while back by using 6 different email addresses and he was "selling" the gun to all of them....LOL.....but when you press them for a real physical address or tell them you live nearby and will do a FTF they run for the hills.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.