Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the length of this post, but I have to air this...

I responded to an ad of a King Cobra for sale locally in Gunsamerica. The person who was selling this gun is named Rebecca. I contacted her and told her that I was intereseted in purchasing the pistol. She told me to call her the following day via a phone number she gave me. I called her the next morning and she answered. I told her who I was and asked her when would be a convenient date to meet her. She seemed to be drunk and said that she thought that I told her to meet me at 3 o'clock that afternoon. I told her that I didn't think we had come to an agreement on where and when we were to meet but I could make it work at that time. I then asked her where she wanted to meet. She hung up. I called back and she didn't pick up. I figured that she had made other arrangements with someone else and thought I was that person that's why she got spooked and hung up. Two days later she emailed me apologizing for the previous conversation and said that the day I contacted her was a bad day for her and she wanted to see if I wanted to complete the purchase. I emailed her back and told her of my concern with our previous conversation. She apologized again, and again saying that it was a miscommunication. I accepted her apology. She told me of a location by here home that she would do the transaction and gave me the number for me to contact the owner and arrange a date and time. I told her that I would do just that and contact her back when everything was set. This past Saturday I called the store and all I got was the answering machine. I left a message with my situation and asked for a call back. No luck. I email Rebecca back and told her that I was unable to get in touch with the store and that I would try again on Monday... (today). Now this is where it gets to be rediculous.... Again I called the store and got the machine. I left a message once more and did not get a call back. As I was in the process of emailing Rebecca to let her know of the situation she called me in a drunken or drugged out state again. She said that she was able to get in touch with the place that she wanted to complete the transaction with and she spoke to the owner. I said great, and asked if she was available to complete the transfer tomorrow. She said yes. I then asked here when the store was open and what time would be good for us to do the transacation... she lashes out that she didn't know when the store opened and that it wasn't her responsibilty to know that and I needed to make those arrangements. Let me say that to say she was rude is an understatement. She was darn right insulting. Having had the experience with her on the phone the first time, I wasn't going to put up with that again and told her "I see that you are not really wanting to sell you pistol and that we need not to do business and hung up". I will be damned if I am going to be treated so rudely once again. My phone rang again and I didn't pick up. I checked my email and this is what I found sent from her...

I called the local store. dave was in. your phone #
doesnt work. so you want the gun or not? $550 cash up
front and ffl transfer. i am getting tired of you. buy
it or dont twit.
why doesn't the phone # you sent worK?
enough. u r a con.
buy THIS mofo ,,|,/

om,
rebcor wie ist,
zig ta \

Then this..

I was able to contact the local gun dealers without
complications. the deal is off scumbag. go f^%$ your
fantasy ego. oh, and if you'd like, i'll be glad to
shoot your balls off, wimp.
Girl

Long story short, if you see this ad from Rebecca on Gunsamerica, BEWARE!!!!

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976741301.htm

FC

·
Registered
220 Posts
Wow, what a nightmare!!! I agree with dux, you should contact GA!!! I hope your next transaction goes smooth as silk!!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Good Luck!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Save the emails and contact GA with them. My guess is they'll ban her. They can't from a business purspective allow this sort of nonsense to continue from one of their sellers.

Dave

·
Registered
191 Posts
Good thing you never met up with her, she sounds like a crack ho and probably would have popped a cap in your ass ! It's too bad the occasional piece of crap like this has to ruin it for others. I've sold about 80 guns through Auction Arms and everyone has been great thus far. I've been blessed on eBay also with about 800 successful sales and only one psycho I've had to deal with. It is a buyer beware market and I will only buy stuff from people with established feedback. Just my opinion, Shoo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts