Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/715537415

This is scam. Beware. Pictures are lifted from another auction site of a completed sale. The Gunbroker "seller" refuses to provide any additional pictures or allow an inspection, or deliver guns to a reputable FFL. Furthermore he wants payment through PayPal which does not allow payments for gun sales. I am sure most Colt people are smart enough to recognize this as scam, but posting just in case.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I ask the seller if he was a Nigerian Prince?
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/715537415

This is scam. Beware. Pictures are lifted from another auction site of a completed sale. The Gunbroker "seller" refuses to provide any additional pictures or allow an inspection, or deliver guns to a reputable FFL. Furthermore he wants payment through PayPal which does not allow payments for gun sales. I am sure most Colt people are smart enough to recognize this as scam, but posting just in case.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I offered the same earlier in the week. I can be in Pittsburgh in four hours. I offered to meet at a well-known FFL. He declined.

I told the guy that I live in Pittsburgh (I do) and would like to personally inspect them before
bidding, perhaps pay cash. Let's see what he answers.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I told the guy that I live in Pittsburgh (I do) and would like to personally inspect them before
bidding, perhaps pay cash. Let's see what he answers.
There's nothing like a good, ol' house call to get things straightened out ;) Seriously, if this is a scam, I'd seriously doubt the guy is in Pittsburgh anyway. I have played around with scammers just for fun, one was listed as being in California, had a New Jersey phone number and wanted me to send money with Western Union to (IIRC) Alaska. I asked him where the gun was located, and he said it was with a friend in yet another state (can't remember where). I'm pretty slow, but something told me that the gun was still with its rightful owner and not for sale. :bang_wall:

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
In my earlier thread (see above #3) I asked him if we could meet (I live in Pittsburgh).
Answer came back yesterday -- "Give your phone number, maybe we can arrange something).

Maybe he wanted to sell it a 4th time! No -- I didn't give him my phone number.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Ok kids ........class in session..........ready ? Let's begin ..........gunbroker = scam.............class dismissed............
So since I've sold over 100 items there I guess I'm a scammer?
You really shouldn't make such a blanket statement as there are some fine folks there.

Really? So I've been scammed on all of the 100+ transactions I've made on GunBroker? :confused: Now ya tell me! :rolleyes:
And equally so I've got over 100 purchases myself and never been scammed either.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I bought more than I sold on GunBroker. Everyone was legit but the USPS is slow and sometimes I wonder if they know where any of the addresses are really located.

The round about way that a package travels is amazing.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've bought a lot on Gunbroker, sold a few. I never had problems. You have to have common sense and rely on the seller/buyer feedback. A few years ago I clicked buy-now on a deal that was too good to be true. I knew it might be, but was hoping for a 10% chance that I was wrong. After the seller refused to meet in person or take the gun to an FFL that I trusted, I knew I was right. No money changed hands, I filled out a fraud claim, and the seller got banned. This happened once in my ten years on Gunbroker.

·
Registered
177 Posts
You may well get a good gun and a good buy at Gunbroker; but if the buy is an outright scam expect no repeat no real help or refund from the GB owner or his bogus gunsmith. That is an understatement. Regards, ron

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
There are scams all over the net and Gunbroker does have it's share. I've never been scammed on GB. Yet I say and hope I never do. I do have more faith in GB than armslist which is inundated with scams.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts