Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come across a set of 3 Bicentennial Colt's on the net that have a huge cost span. A description from one taken from GA is below... I have seen the costs range from 7,500.00 to a low of 2,900.00... See example below (high side)¬Ö

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976587044.htm COLT BICENTENNIAL THREE GUN COMMEMORATIVE REVOLVER SET CONSISTING OF .357 COLT PYTHON, 45 COLT PEACEMAKER AND .44 DRAGOON BLACKPOWDER. SET INCLUDES THREE DRAWER WALNUT DISPLAY CABINET WITH FITTED INSERTS FOR EACH GUN AND BRASS POWDER FLASK, BULLET MOLD, AND NIPPLE WRENCH FOR DRAGOON, PLUS LEATHER BOUND COLT BICENTENNIAL EDITION OF "ARMSMEAR: THE HOME, THE ARM, AND THE ARMORY OF SAMUEL COLT". SOLD AS SET, CANNOT BE BROKEN - $7,500.00.

Separately the 3 seem well worth +3,000 and with Colt's proven reputation will continue to go up... 7.5 K, now that’s another story yet is food for thought…

I am tempted but something does not seem right... Hence, I am seeking any and all advice¬Ö

Thanks,
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
VDM, Take a look at this website

Cherry's Gun Page

Items are about 1/4 of the way down on the page.

C174BENT Colt Bicentennial 3-Gun Set, With 6" Python, 7 1/2" SAA and 3rd Dragoon, All Guns 99% With Slight Rings On Cylinders, Sold As A Set Only, With Casing And Book $2,995.00 1,2,3,4

C174MSU Colt Bicentennial 3-Gun Set, With 6" Python, 7 1/2" SAA and 3rd Dragoon, All Guns Look New, Sold As A Set Only, With Casing And Book $2,995.00 1,2,3,4

I've always seen Kevin to be overpriced but then I always that Cherry's to be overpriced as well. Does anyone know how many of these sets were made?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
More information. I have always used completed auctions to establish "fair value". Check out this auction that was held March 17, 2004.

Completed auction

*COLT BICENTENNIAL HERITAGE 3-GUN SET. Cased in a 3-drawer cabinet, 22-3/4" long x 10" wide x 13" high, made of walnut with brass furniture, also includes a leather bound volume reprint of Armsmear by Samuel Colt. 1) Cal. 357 Mag. SN 0089PY. Python, blue finish, 6" vent rib bbl, adjustable sights and smooth walnut grips with an American eagle medallion in the left side. It has an unfluted cylinder with various patriotic scenes and the left side of the bbl is marked "1776 - U.S.A. Bicentennial - 1976". It has extra finish high polish blue. CONDITION: New, unfired. 2) Cal. 45 Colt. SN 0089PM. Single Action Army with 7-1/2" bbl, unfluted cylinder, with smooth walnut 1-pc grips and American eagle medallion in the left side. It has unfluted cylinder with two flags and a listing of the original thirteen colonies. It has extra polish blue on the bbl, cylinder & grip frame with case colored frame. CONDITION: New, unfired, unturned. 3) Cal. 44. SN 0089DG. 3rd Model Dragoon Percussion Revolver with 7-1/2"oct to rnd bbl, blue & case colored with silver plated trigger guard & back strap and smooth walnut grips with an American eagle medallion in the left side. It has the Ormsby ranger and Indian fight scene on the cylinder and bbl marking as above. It has extra polish blue on the bbl & cylinder with fine case colored rammer and frame. Accompanied by a reproduction Colt’s Patent copper & brass flask, a brass 2-cavity mold with case colored sprue cutter an "L" shaped blue nipple wrench and a reproduction Eley’s cap tin. CONDITION: New, unfired, unturned. Accessories are equally new. Cabinet and book are extremely fine with a minor nick or two. 4-50922 JR1057 (est $2,500-5,000) SOLD FOR $2990.00 I posted $1990.00 in error.

Here's the pics from Cherry's website.

I've never seen this set before. It's pretty cool lookin' and I think you should go for it. You probably realize they're reproduction but still worth the 3 G's.

·
Registered
806 Posts
VDM, that is toohigh I feel. I've seen them for sale at shows for "half" that. I sold my set some years ago for $2500.
One of them things that you just "don't want to shoot, they're TOO pretty"!;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts