Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
all can view my website
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Annette and I first met Bill and Laura around 13 years ago. Annette had actually met Laura before I met Bill. They met at a show in Louisville. There was a gun show wife thing in common. Bill Sisney was one of the finest men I ever met. His memory was extraordinary. I never called him unless I had at least an hour to visit. The stories and jokes were endless. Bill and Laura lived in Clinton, Mo. One of Bill's best friends was the pastor at their church. At Bill's funeral he told this story. As you all know a pastor's time is not his own. He is on call 24/7. The pastor and Bill loved to fish, but inevitably, every time a fishing trip was planned, the pastor was called to duty. Bill came up with a plan. He named the fishing boat "VISITATION". Now whenever someone needed the pastor, they could be told he was on "VISITATION". I think the Good Lord could even live with that one. After all he was a fisherman as well.

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
Eternal rest grant unto him, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. May the consolation of the Holy Spirit be with his loved ones in this, their time of sorrow. Amen.

Reactions: ei8ht

·
The Consummate Collector
7,159 Posts
I remember Bill as a part of the gun world ever since I started collecting. He will be missed. Our condolences to his family.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
My prayers for the family and friends. Regret I never had the pleasure of meeting him. Looking forward to a meeting in Glory!

Bob Wright

·
Registered
475 Posts
Naming the boat VISITATION reminds me of something I did many years ago as a young consultant whose clients were often quite demanding. I named my boat THE LIBRARY. There were some warm weekdays in spring when I simply had to go saltwater fishing. You can guess what the clients were told when they called and asked why I wasn't in my office.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts