Colt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
dux, I've seen that Bisley beauty too. Is that what you call case hardened? I wish my 1906 Bisley looked like that, but it don't look too bad for a 100 year old pistol. Did it state how old the Bisley is? I do remember it stated who did the work. Thanks, Rick.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rick, thought you would like it. saw that on a restorer`s site "rons gunshop" or something simular. it didnt state the age but i would guess somewhere around 1900 +- 5 yrs. yes,that is very nice case hardening on hammer and frame, note also the fire blue trim on screws and ejector rod head.

·
Registered
420 Posts
dux, do you think it's worth more restored or in original condition, like 80%? What would you value it as it is if you were to sell it? Rick

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rick, a hard question. i would not restore an original gun with any remaining finnish.i am sure that it is a high dollar resto and doubt if you could come out on it money wise. if however i had something i was going to keep as just a family keepsake or something along those lines AND i had the extra cash.. why not, you only live once. even a nice resto will never equal a high condition original in price/desireabilty, but how many of us poor ky. boys could afford an original in that condition. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif it`s almost a shame to have that beautiful gun laying on that crappy holster and belt, i could beat that myself!!

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Very nice. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I have often wondered why Colt never re-introduced the Bisley throughout all these years, possibly as a special edition.

Even today, it seems like they could make a Bisley without too much difficulty. Imagine the interest that would receive...

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i agree,usfa offers one and the flattop version too i think, wonder how many they sell? it`s a shame colt doesnt take a little initiative. i was reading somewhere where the current owner of colt industries has strong ties to the democrat party, possibly that explains the current lack of variaty for civilian buyers.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rick, i am working on a matched pr. for short bbl{3.5} saa`s, i`ll post them when i get them finished /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
211 Posts
Here is one restored by Bill Adair of Texas. This was a 5.5" Mexican Junker but with all matching #'s.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts