Colt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Are any of these Bisleys pappered from Colt as Sherrifs Models? I am sure they are or you wouldn't be showing them. About 4 months ago I bought a older model Bisley Sherrifs Model . It pappered from Colt as being a Sherrifs Model and was shipped to San Antonio Texas. You have some VERY NICE pistols !!!!! makes me want to pitch mine in the junk pile. Ronin

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
With all the interest in Bisley's lately, did I mention that I have a couple:confused:
Stop it. Your killing me. Although I'm not a fan of the way they look, I like to look at them, if that makes any sense..................

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
swamprat,

Yes those are definetly beautiful, but the photos do not do them justice; they are works of art! After looking at your Bisleys, YOU are the one that got me interested in getting one! I think you are an "enabler" for me to get more Colts, LOL!

I have been so busy at work, even working some weekends, I want to get over to see you. As it appears, it will be mid-March and I can bring the, new to me, Colt Artillery and the Bisley I got. They don;t compare to your, but they are a start. Talk with you soon. Oh yea, here is the Bisley I got in one of my favorite calibers, .32-20.

Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Gun accessory
Gun Revolver Firearm Trigger Starting pistol

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are any of these Bisleys pappered from Colt as Sherrifs Models? I am sure they are or you wouldn't be showing them. About 4 months ago I bought a older model Bisley Sherrifs Model . It pappered from Colt as being a Sherrifs Model and was shipped to San Antonio Texas. You have some VERY NICE pistols !!!!! makes me want to pitch mine in the junk pile. Ronin
Roninrim,
Don't junk them yet! If you have a lettered Bisley Sheriff Model, you have an very rare gun! According to Graham, Kopec, & Moore, there were only about 9 Bisley Sheriff Models shipped. Unfortunately, mine is not one of them. It was originally shipped as a 4 3/4" 32-20. However, someone did a great job of faking, as the guns' fit and finish is equivalent to Turnbulls work, however I checked with them and they do not have a record of it..

·
Registered
9,901 Posts
Most people are probably sick of seeing this, but maybe some new guys are here. Having read in a Skeeter Skelton article that as a kid a merchant would open Budweiser bottles with his Bisley, I had to try it myself. So I bought a sixer and tried it. Yeah, I know they're twist offs. But it worked great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.