Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -

New to handguns. A co-worker offered to teach me to shoot and he thinks n00bs should start with a .45. He taught me the safety requirements and gave me exactly two pieces of information to start with: make the sights parallel and bisect the target (it can be blurry) with the front sight, and squeeze the trigger.

One round to break the ice, then three, then a few more. I found his instruction easy to follow the first time, but after those 20 rounds my back was incredibly tight. It got harder and harder to do the same thing every time.

Even so I liked shooting with the .45 - it is a Gold Cup. His friend let me try his Kimber and this gun felt entirely different, more raw and more recoil.

I'm here to figure out what to buy for myself, now. I liked the feel of both weapons for different reasons. Therefore I'm going to lurk a while and see if I can learn something about what to buy.

-Jet

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from TN.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
They are both nice guns.Shoot as many types as are offered and go from there (I own more Colts than any other brand).Your back is getting tight from the tension of trying to be accurate and anticipating recoil.It would help to buy a good quality 22 to practice with as it has no recoil and is inherently accurate.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Jet_Silver, beware of listening to these "gun nuts" here. They'll have you buying your favorite gun every payday. Do not tell them when you find "the" gun for you, they'll just tell you to go shoot it and have some fun and about all the accessories that go with your gun ( including matching holster's and pocketbooks). Run now before they infect you! I didn't get away in time, but I did get a new camo purse out of it. Welcome, Sarah

1 - 6 of 6 Posts