Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or are these prices way off base.I would buy almost all the Diamondbacks and 22LR and 22Mag.Troopers I sould find at those prices.Comments?

·
Registered
58 Posts
The "book" prices are at best just a rough guide.Many seem to be off,some are way off. I think the best price indicators are probably the completed listings in the gun auction sites.
About that nickel Diamondback .22 in your other post - all I've seen in the last few years had asking prices well over $1,000. There was a NIB example at the last OGCA show with a tag of $1295,I've seen a few priced even higher.

·
Registered
165 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bighornhunter:
Is it just me or are these prices way off base.I would buy almost all the Diamondbacks and 22LR and 22Mag.Troopers I sould find at those prices.Comments?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blue Book prices are ballpark at best. And seem way off on a lot of Colts and the older Winchesters, as well as some the better and/or rarer Smith & Wessons.
Especially since the prices on the above guns have gone way up the last few years.
On top of all this, many guns will bring different prices in different regions of the country.
In other cases some Book prices are on the high side. Modern Ruger revolvers are a good example. I often see GP100s, modern Blackawks and Single Sixs sell for well under Book price (at least here in the midwest)
When you get right down to it, a gun is worth whatever it`s worth to you. How bad do you want it, and how bad does the seller want to get rid of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts