Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the Lounge however I am getting no input there so I am re-posting where the action is...

I know I've come across it in the past but I have forgoten... When did Colt start to ship products with the current "Blue Box"???

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
If you mean the longer foam-filled box, I would say around 1995-1996 when the small frames came out. I have a 1996 SF-VI and later small frames in that style box and a 1994 PPS MkV in one of the molded/fitted blue boxes, but those are the only basis for my guess.:cool:

·
Registered
794 Posts
My 95 SFVI came in the blue molded plastic hardcase. So must be that 96 used the foam.

However, I wonder if the question applied not to the blue hardcase, but the blue cardboard box as often seen with Custom Shop guns. Perhaps the poster can clarify.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[ QUOTE ]
My 95 SFVI came in the blue molded plastic hardcase. So must be that 96 used the foam.

However, I wonder if the question applied not to the blue hardcase, but the blue cardboard box as often seen with Custom Shop guns. Perhaps the poster can clarify.

[/ QUOTE ]

To verify, I am referencing the Blue Plastic fully foam lined one... Thanks for qualifying the specifics...

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts