Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anywhere to get a new or used case in the Colt Blue Plastic, Moulded for my guns..I checked the Colt Factory, but they have this universal case with foam..way to big...

By the way, I stumbled onto this forum and whoever developed it..was great..I have learned alot from just viewing others questions that answered so many of mine...Thank you...

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Colt distributes all their handguns in that universal Blue plastic foam lined case now. To the best of my knowledge, they are not using any molded boxes at this time.
You can check Ebay or Gunbroker for the specific box you need. It may take some time watching those sites for your box, but I'm not sure of any other way.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
794 Posts
What style of molded Colt case are you looking for? Or better still, for what gun are you trying to find a case? There were several different versions. There were molded cases for small auto, small revolver, full size auto (blue and tan), full size revolver, and large revolver.

Are you looking to retrofit a case to a specific gun or just looking for safe storage?

·
Registered
794 Posts
AlanJ, for your 4" Python you will need the blue case that measures 12 1/4" X 7 1/4". This will fit a 4" barrel up to a 6" barrel medium framed revolver such as your Python. It will also fit any similar sized revolver like the King Cobra, MKIII's etc. It will be marked with 2a on the inside.

For your D-frame you will need the blue case that measures 10 3/4" X 7 1/2". This will fit 2" barrel up to a 4" barrel small frame revolver. It will be marked with 1A on the inside.

You will have to keep you eye open on e-bay and be patient. Prices depend on how bad someone wants one. The larger case to fit your Python will cost more. Both of these show up all the time. However there are some professional sellers who bid/buy everyone they can on e-bay, and then inflate the prices and sell them on Gunbroker under a different ID, with asking prices more than double and triple what they paid for them. So in other words don't buy one on GB.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
to: WS23, thanks for the feedback..I am looking for one to fit a Colt Diamondback 22 4" and a Colt Python 4"...it is a combination of safe storage and carrying it to the ranges. I have seen them in blue plastic with other guns, and I have one that was new with my second Python 4"..came with the gun...any ideas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts