Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
This one in 303xxx serial range lettered 45/c, 4-3/4", Blue, SNL, Shipped to Simmons Hdwe Co., St. Louis, MO on 3-10-1908, 25 Guns. Was purchased with a 1940's holster by a Hot Wells, NM Maker.

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
Even though I am a kinda revolver / ivory guy , I find myself being drawn to look at the semi / Pearl guns . In any case , a very fine collection of handguns . KUDOS to all ! And looking forward to seeing more . Maybe I can dress up the " Ugly SAA " with a new set of grips .

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got this back from my local Grip Maker. The RH Carved Ivory Grip is a match for some of my "Gun Art" carvings, but was missing its LH Grip. Luckily here in FLA, we have a local Ivory Grip maker Gene Beal of Gunner Products from nearby Lakeland that could make the matching grip, blind screw and medallion. Great Job, Gene! The Colt is a c1930s Standard New Service in 45LC in Like New Condition..Thanks for looking! Jackson

Colt NS with Carved Ivory  6-5-2020 006.JPG
Colt NS with Carved Ivory  6-5-2020 007.JPG
Colt NS Ivory Grip & Misc.   11-26-19 009.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like a great match. Were the same Colt medallions used in both grips? Beal puts a lot of detail in the Steer's face and neck. Very nice!
The Colt Medallions are very close in both design (both recent contemporary) and color. The RH Carved grip was most likely done by Gun Art Co in Lakeland NJ, similar to the SAA one done in the 1970s. The matching LH replacement grip was the one done by Gene Beal of Gunner Products. Sorry for the confusion.

And yes, Shooter13, the Bull on the top does have has some attitude - that I had not noticed before. Kinda reminds me of the story about the old bull and the young bull overlooking a pasture of cows.The young bull says to the old bull -Lets run down and get one of those! The wise old bull reply's, Let walk down and get them all!! Maybe explains the difference of their attitudes! Jackson

1 - 12 of 12 Posts