Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I'm looking at a King Cobra (used of course-but in excellent cond.) I was under the impression that the King Cobra was only offered in stainless, this one's blued.
Was the KC ever offered blued?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
XavierBreath-thanks for the reply, so being blued wouldn't make it more collectable, just less common.
Thanks again!
Cam.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
The King Cobra was offered in Blue, but I would say you will find 20 Stainless ones to every Blued one you find. You'll see more 6 inchers than 4 inchers, and more 4 inchers than the 2.5 snubbies.
More collectable ?
It depends on who's buying it.
Is it being purchased to be put up as a collectable ?
Then the Blue ones would be the way to go.
Are you buying it to shoot it ?
The Stainless ones will last you a lifetime with-out having to worry about the finish.
The Blue finished King Cobras were dropped years sooner than the Stainless KC's.

FYI: There's also a brushed stainless and a Ultimate Bright SS. The brushed is the most common.

Sorry about the hairy knuckles, they just grew that way.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jeff!
It's a 6 incher-I'll think on this one for a bit. Just bought a 6" blued Python (haven't recieved it yet-the red tape in Canada is amazing!) Should recieve it in another couple weeks. Can't wait.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,889 Posts
Like a lot of other Colt's over the years, the King Cobra was also a "first" in the gun world: It was the first revolver ever made in which the FIRST model made was stainless.

Before this, new revolvers were always introduced in blued steel first.

The blued King Cobra was less popular, and fewer were made.

·
Registered
448 Posts
What year did those little Freedom Arms mini revolvers come out? I don't think they ever made those in a blued finish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts