Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a good place to find detailed machining blueprints for making replicas of the Colt Paterson pistol? Im starting my journey in machining and gunsmithing and the paterson has been a gun that my media consumption as a kid has imprinted into my brain so its a project close to heart.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
16,420 Posts
In so far as I know prints don't exist outside of a replica maker.
The Italian makers had to buy an original gun to make production prints from, and they won't sell them.

Due to the age of the design no one I know of has ever made the effort to do production prints.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Once in a time long ago, I was a contracted mercenary designer who invented stuff. When I was done with my products I built in my garage shop I then shipped them to the Company's who wanted them. They in turn would take them apart and Laser scan the pieces to generate a electronic file so their CNC machines could make each part. If you really wanted too, you could also find a CAD program and make the drawings yourself. Then send in the electronic files to a company. I had a CAD program on my PC and did that early on before Laser scanners came about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.