Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to share with my colt forum freinds that I missed a sale on a matched set of Boas with boxes and display case. I offered the farm you might say to get them even though it was a little more than they are worth, the guy took me up on the offer then backed out 2 hrs later,says he'll put'm on GB soon so keep an eye out if your looking for a set. I assure you the resreve will be out there. Call me crazy but I offered the man 11,500 in hundred dollar bills just because I wanted them, I have a set already and was'nt trying to be greedy but wanted a 2nd, so keep your eyes out and I hope you have deeper pockets than me

and no mines not forsale,they'll go to the grave with me LOL

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I'll be careful what I eat prior to viewing the auction. If I have anything that is not real lite, I could possibly lose it all. What a grossly overpriced set of ugly guns!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
My stomach discomfort will be reserved for the seller who welched on his word to the original poster. Even if I wanted a set of Boas, I wouldn't be buying from him.

Interestingly, since this is occuring in my home state, there was a set of Boas that sold here several months ago on a local board for under five grand. I was just a bit too late on the draw (actually, I think I was first to tell him I'd take it, but I couldn't get to his house as fast as the other guy. Can't prove it, but timestamps seem to support my theory). I wonder if this is the same set. Maybe. Maybe not.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I hope there is a special place reserved on the Internet, for people who agree to sales, then back out. I cannot think of reason to go back on your word. If you say I want it, and show up with money or start the process running, then your committed, and so is the seller. JMHO.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
just wanted to share with my colt forum freinds that I missed a sale on a matched set of Boas with boxes and display case. I offered the farm you might say to get them even though it was a little more than they are worth, the guy took me up on the offer then backed out 2 hrs later,says he'll put'm on GB soon so keep an eye out if your looking for a set. I assure you the resreve will be out there. Call me crazy but I offered the man 11,500 in hundred dollar bills just because I wanted them, I have a set already and was'nt trying to be greedy but wanted a 2nd, so keep your eyes out and I hope you have deeper pockets than me

and no mines not forsale,they'll go to the grave with me LOL
Here the price is irrelevent. I wouldnt give 300 dollars for the set under the circumstances,, sounds like the seller made a deal and then backed out. I don't play that game. A deals a deal win lose or draw. If a mans word is no good he's all done in my book. I dont care if hes passing out hundred dollar bills I am not interested.

John

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here the price is irrelevent. I wouldnt give 300 dollars for the set under the circumstances,, sounds like the seller made a deal and then backed out. I don't play that game. A deals a deal win lose or draw. If a mans word is no good he's all done in my book. I dont care if hes passing out hundred dollar bills I am not interested.

John
John I negociated for over 2 months on these,went from 8 to 12K on'em,when they come up guys I'm out,you can bet someone out there will pay the premium for them,my guess is they'll go over 12K on GB

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I know the feeling. I just dealt with a very difficult buyer on a 4" diamondback 22 I had for sale on gunbroker. It ended last night. Buyer refused to pay the correct way as listed in the auction and then started getting very difficult in asking me to do more than the norm. I.E. send my FFL info to his FFL ahead of time even though I am the seller??? Then I find out he left me a negative feedback within a few hours of auction ending??? What happened to the days of gentlemen's agreements where your word is your bond? If you say you will do something, do it. I wish people would just do what they say they will do and quit being so flakey sometimes. It does make me appreciate even more the guys like prostrok and others on this gentlemen's forum. We make a mutually satisfactory deal and it's done-no drama, no problems.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know the feeling. I just dealt with a very difficult buyer on a 4" diamondback 22 I had for sale on gunbroker. It ended last night. Buyer refused to pay the correct way as listed in the auction and then started getting very difficult in asking me to do more than the norm. I.E. send my FFL info to his FFL ahead of time even though I am the seller??? Then I find out he left me a negative feedback within a few hours of auction ending??? What happened to the days of gentlemen's agreements where your word is your bond? If you say you will do something, do it. I wish people would just do what they say they will do and quit being so flakey sometimes. It does make me appreciate even more the guys like prostrok and others on this gentlemen's forum. We make a mutally satisfactory deal and it's done-no drama, no problems.
10-4 that 1 there! I'm a business(small) owner and when you say your gonna do it then do it,a mans word is his bond as Jim carrey said in dumb and dumber

Now someone say there gonna sell me a NIB Grizzly for pennies and stand behind it LOL

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Agreed. I don't want to bad mouth or cause problems, I only want to protect fellow forum members from unscrupulous buyers on GB and other sites. Please do your detective work and block the difficult bidder I just dealt with for your own protection. I am now going to have to relist the dback and gunbroker has started the process of removing the feedback and refunding my listing fees.

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Anyone remember buying out of the "Shotgun News" without any pictures or feedback to go by? Bought some nice guns that way and never had a problem. Times change I guess.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Anyone remember buying out of the "Shotgun News" without any pictures or feedback to go by? Bought some nice guns that way and never had a problem. Times change I guess.
Yep, bought several guns from "Gun List" in the past (no pictures) and I never had a problem either. In a few cases, the guns were nicer than I figured they'd be.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh these dam'ed computors and the way people can come up witha sceme

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Yep, bought several guns from "Gun List" in the past (no pictures) and I never had a problem either. In a few cases, the guns were nicer than I figured they'd be.
I used to buy out of the Gun List and Shotgun News, met lots of good people through those two publications. It was old school, in more ways than one.

John

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I used to buy out of the Gun List and Shotgun News, met lots of good people through those two publications. It was old school, in more ways than one.

John
I quit subscribing to SGN when it became nothing but an assualt rifle magazine. They should call it "AR/AK News". Still subsribe to Gun List, but don't read through it as carefully as I used to. Most of the sellers are dealers and have websites, so I just look them up on the computer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
"prostock" Is this the way you feel it took place? I'm the one with the Boa's. I ways always up front and very honest with you. As I explained the sale of "My" guns was to help my father from becoming homeless. I only said to let me run offers by him sense It was to help him. I dont recall by our text or phone calls ever giving the sign it was a done deal. I will agree your last offer was good. But once again I'm trying to keep my father in his home of the last 45 years. so i feel no reason to say I'm sorry for trying to get the best price how ever much that may be. just as you dont when you get a good price yourself. so yes regreatfully i may have a set for sale so please..you dont know me or my character then dont reply just click to the next post. so from this Marine semper fi..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.