Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting in my home office, with my Colt .38 sitting on my old roll top desk, having coffee. Just turned on the TV and to my delight the "Maltese Falcon" is just starting. Raining here, vehicle getting serviced so I am stuck inside watching this classic. I just retrieved some more guns from the safe and a few blades . Starting out as a decent morning. Hope everyone on the forum is having a good morning also. Peace.Blade

·
Registered
785 Posts
Just finished the coffee, and getting ready to load some .38 Supers and .45 ACP. Got to keep the beasts fed!

Sunshine, mid-60's. Doesn't get much better than that! ;)

Reactions: MikenAZ

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Sitting in my home office, with my Colt .38 sitting on my old roll top desk, having coffee. Just turned on the TV and to my delight the "Maltese Falcon" is just starting. Raining here, vehicle getting serviced so I am stuck inside watching this classic. I just retrieved some more guns from the safe and a few blades . Starting out as a decent morning. Hope everyone on the forum is having a good morning also. Peace.Blade
As Sam Spade said "...the stuff that dreams are made of" :)

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
It seems to be Bogart Day almost all day today on TCM! We have most of his movies on DVD including all four that he made with Lauen Bacall. Love Bogie!

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Two Thumbs up!!

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Lauren Bacall.WOWSER.Love the old Bogie movies.D*

Reactions: Colt-SL

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
If Bogart were here in Las Vegas this time of year, he'd have TWO shots of Rye in his Coffee, smoke about nine Pall Malls, then, go back to Bed and wait till Night time, when it sort of cools off down to 102 or so.

Lol...

That, or he'd wake up, make some Coffee, walk outside a moment sipping his Coffee, come back in, get his Car Keys and Hat and some dough and whatever else, and, drive to Los Angeles or San Diego, and spend the day 'there'.

·
Registered
8,184 Posts
He's on now, watched the last half of "To Have and Have Not" and then "Treasure of The Sierra Madre"
I also like Lauren Bacall.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have to admit that watching Noir Films was one of the inspirations for me to buy my Police Positive LOL. Working my way up to a Detective Special or a Bankers Special one of these days LOL. So far, I think that I liked "The Big Sleep" the best so far for my favourite Bogey film.
Mark

Reactions: Primer88

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Catching up now on "The Big Sleep" with a Makers Mark and next "Key Largo". I love the Detective Specials. It's going to be a late night.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
One more thing...he's got to be one of the coolest mid 40 year olds. A true 'man's man'. Half tempted to buy and smoke a deck of Chesterfields if not mistaken.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Just got through watching "The Big Sleep". There will never be another Bogart. Excuse me, I meant Sam Spade.

Reactions: Primer88

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Catching up now on "The Big Sleep" with a Makers Mark and next "Key Largo". I love the Detective Specials. It's going to be a late night.
My old friend Rodd Redwing was in Key Largo along w/Jay Silverheels [Tonto],they were the 2 Osceola bros. from the Seminole tribe that tried to get into the hotel during the storm.

·
Premium Member
6,055 Posts
My old friend Rodd Redwing was in Key Largo along w/Jay Silverheels [Tonto],they were the 2 Osceola bros. from the Seminole tribe that tried to get into the hotel during the storm.
I looked up his list of films. He acted in some really good movies. I love watching Key Largo.

·
Registered
111 Posts
He's on now, watched the last half of "To Have and Have Not" and then "Treasure of The Sierra Madre"
I also like Lauren Bacall.
"We don't need no stinkin badges" from Treasure of ... . LOL. Just watched Key Largo last night on the tube - the great old classics!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.