Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Book Karma s'more - "Ed McGivern's Book of Fast and Fancy Revolver Shooting"

About as new, an inch or so thick, 6 x 9 inches, soft cover, 484 pages, recent printing.

Winner will be posted Sunday evening.

( I will put Slips in-a-Hat and have someone else draw one ).

Give away is 'To your Door'.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I already have one & have had for about 50 yrs or more & wouldn't part w/it,how much are they going for in todays market?Mine probably has some "antique value".

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I already have one & have had for about 50 yrs or more & wouldn't part w/it,how much are they going for in todays market?Mine probably has some "antique value".
Hi Jim,

The earlier, the more scarce, and, the more valuable.

Like with so many things!

I am not up on the printing History, but, off the cuff, I think there was a 1938 'first' Edition and a 1941 Edition, and, a 1945 Edition, these, ( with however many subsequent Printings ) Hardbound of course, when in very good condition are likely pushing the C-Note mark. Good condition, seventy-five-ish. Shelf worn or a little fatigued, fifty-ish or on down.

Condition ( and other details ) with old Books is as 'picky' as Condition with old Guns! Or is, when it is, and, among 'serious' collectors or aficionados, it is.

Recent printings in Softcover, change hands for about eight to twelve dollars or so.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Hi Jim,

The earlier, the more scarce, and, the more valuable.

Like with so many things!

I am not up on the printing History, but, off the cuff, I think there was a 1938 'first' Edition and a 1941 Edition, and, a 1945 Edition, these, ( with however many subsequent Printings ) Hardbound of course, when in very good condition are likely pushing the C-Note mark. Good condition, seventy-five-ish. Shelf worn or a little fatigued, fifty-ish or on down.

Condition ( and other details ) with old Books is as 'picky' as Condition with old Guns! Or is, when it is, and, among 'serious' collectors or aficionados, it is.

Recent printings in Softcover, change hands for about eight to twelve dollars or so.
Thanks for the update,another of my collecting weaknesses is old books,my oldest is the family Bible printed in 1815,I have old school books from the 1880's & a lot of western history bio's from the early 1900's & I'll bet none of them are printed on one of those new fangled phone thingys.

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the update,another of my collecting weaknesses is old books,my oldest is the family Bible printed in 1815,I have old school books from the 1880's & a lot of western history bio's from the early 1900's & I'll bet none of them are printed on one of those new fangled phone thingys.
I love old Books also!

They even smell good!

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Please enter me in this and thank you very much for offering it.
SInce I'm old & slow maybe I can ready about fast...:cool:

Thank you
rayb

1 - 20 of 31 Posts