Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I finally found the perfect forum for me.Ive been reading these forum for the last 4 nights now,very imformative.my interest is to collect only 2 inc.barrel.for some reason i like the look of the shorter gun.right now as a starter i have detective spl. in the box. good condition and also night officer 111 two tune 1911 i belived its one of lew hortons gun with only 250 made brand new.sr#no1110200.but anyway my quistion is where can i get a book that tells me about colt guns.like when you look the serial # how many are made on these particular model.some kind of colts bible.thank you very much in advance.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,887 Posts
Unfortunately, no such book exists for Colt firearms.

The closest thing to this is R.L. Wilson's "Colt: An American Heritage".

The Colt factory considers this to be the "official" history of Colt firearms production.
It shows and offers a brief discussion of every firearm Colt made from 1836 to 1985.

Most of the guns shown are ornately engraved and inlaid show guns.

In the back of the book is the most complete collection of Colt factory serial number information for all guns from 1836 to the publishing date in 1985.

Unfortunately, there is no known source breaking down production numbers for barrel lengths, finishes, or any other data.

Even the total production of a specific model is uncertain.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks dfariswheel ill try to get it from the library,before buying it.in that way i know if i can use it in future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts