Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks bad for Boone

Man gets prison, fine for trafficking tusksTACOMA — A Brinnon, Wash., man was sentenced to six months in prison and fined $25,000 for trafficking ivory from protected species.U.S. Attorney Annette Hayes said David L. Boone took part in an operation between 2006 and 2008 that smuggled narwhal tusks from Canada into the United States.Narwhals are Arctic whales that are often called the “Unicorn of the Sea” because of their prominent tusk.Hayes said Boone sold the tusks on the black market at a huge profit.Hayes says Boone, who operates Boone Trading Co., also trafficked in sperm whale teeth and walrus tusks in 2011.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
WOW! I've known and done business with David for 25 years or more though we've never met. I never bought any Narwhal ivory as it's extremely expensive. For those that aren't familiar with the animal here's some images including two Randall knives with documented Narwhal handles.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
I've don't business with Boone in the past and they seemed like good folks. So sad to see this news, so sad on many fronts. I feel bad for the Boones and I wish David the best. As I side note I'm glad to see the USFW cracking down on this sort of trafficking. Sad to see these beautiful and majestic creatures killed just for their ivory/tusks.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Sad to see these beautiful and majestic creatures killed just for their ivory/tusks.
That's not even remotely accurate. The native Americans (Inuit) of the region are allowed, under law, to harvest marine mammals. They use every part of the animal, including the tooth, in support of their tribe. Nothing goes to waste.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.