Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Going to Bossier City la this weekend, taken my girl to see " Heart " in concert. Check the gun show calendar, turns out there is a gun show this weekend, serendipity! has anyone attended and what should I expect? help me out here folks

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
It has been years since I attended the Bossier show, but use to never miss the Ark-La-Tex right across the river in Shreveport. I never found much at the Bossier show, but large or small it depends on whether you find anything or not. Big find at a small show makes it a great show.

·
Premium Member
4,494 Posts
Mike,
I live about an hour and a half away and that show is held at the Bossier Civic Center. I went about 2 years ago and it took me longer to find a parking space and stand in line to get in the door than it took me to walk the show. Lots of black guns and nylon holsters and not much to speak of in the way of collectible firearms.

Since you are in town anyway who knows what you might find? Me, I will bet you'll have much more fun seeing Heart in concert than making the gun show!

Jim

·
Registered
893 Posts
If you do make the show, keep an eye out for my old friend - John W. Higgs, III. I lost touch with him and would like to talk with him. He's a Class 3 Dealer with lots of unique modern Dealer Samples. I' m sure any other Class 3 types there know him. He's a pharmacist by day and used to live in Fort Worth. We first met when I sold him an unfired Maremont M-60. Get his contact info if you can. Thanks.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Two months after our wedding vows we honeymooned at the Isle of Capri in Bossier City. No gun show at the time but we had fun purchasing a $1000 plastic pen (read: our blackjack losses added up to the equivalent of buying the complimentary pen for a grand). Was our first and last visit to that fair city. I would recommend the steak house at the Isle of Capri, however, very good food. Enjoy your trip.

·
Premium Member
4,494 Posts
Looking for a report Mike....both about the gunshow and "Heart" !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.