Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Trooper MKIII .357 with a six inch barrel. This model has special significance for me since it is what I first used as a law enforcement officer in the late 1960s. It was a great revolver and coupled with a Hoyt break-front holster, you couldn't beat it. It will be nice to shoot one again.

John

·
Registered
253 Posts
Congrats!!! Is this your first or just most recent?

Nice that it has special signifigance too. One of these days I'd like to snag a '73 Python for my birth-year. My wife is about to have our first bambino/bambina so it might have to wait a little while longer. Sigh. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Oh well, at leasts it's a good reason.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Glock (issue) and three Smiths (29, 586 and 686+) but I wanted a Colt and this one in particular. I hadn't carried my Colt since 1977 so it has been a while.

Congrat on the little one. They change your life /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

John

·
Registered
88 Posts
the one you carryed in the 60s was it a six inch to ,and are you carring this one at work that would be cool, you dont see to many wheel guns on duty belts these days.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I carried a six inch Trooper MK III. If I have A E Nelson make a front-break holster for it I will probably wear it from time to time. I usually carry a S&W 686 Plus four inch. The younger lads look at you like you are crazy when they see a wheelgun. Nelson is making a holster for my S&W Model 29 .44 mag with a 6 1/2 inch barrel - that should get a few stares/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

John

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Where I worked we were required to use the issued gun. first 9mm Smiths then 40 Glocks. All the while I wanted to carry one of my colt revolvers but alas was not allowed. Off duty was an entirely different matter.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OSP issues Glock Model 22s. I had not shot a revolver since 1977 and the first time I went out with my S&W 686 Plus I shot better than I ever have with the Glock! Doing forensics I can carry what I want to /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

John

·
Registered
39 Posts
Glad you found your "first love" again. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just as a "heads up", Rusty Sherrick sells two versions of the old Berns-Martin breakfront holster. One with a thumbreak and the other without. Thought you might like to know.-
www.c-rusty.com

·
Registered
88 Posts
i would bet if the lads see you shooting your wheel guns at the range they wont think your so crazy.seven rounds in your 686-p is not crazy.the trooper looks nice i have a mark five 6 inch trooper shoots good but i think the stocks look nicer on the mark three like yours.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First loves are great /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I've got my eye on some new old stock grips but need to know when the revolver was made to make sure they will fit. As soon as I have the serial number I can check. The young folks have the spray and pray attitude - give me enough rounds and I am bound to his something. Different mentality than when I started.

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts