Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
Makes me miss the one I sold a few months back. Congrats...

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Dgroff, very nice! Great acquisition.

Blowing up your photos, I still cannot offer an opinion about whether or not it has been fired (post factory). On of the first places wear shows on Colt DA revolvers is the ring-like circular losses of bluing around the ejector rod, caused by pushing on the ejector rod, which in turn wears. If you see any such bluing loss, you can be pretty sure that the gun has been fired post-factory.

Fired or not, you have an excellent, extremely high condition Diamondback. Congratulations.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Do you mind telling us what you had to give for it. [if not that's fine] was looking at one last weekend at a show they where asking 2600.00 I thought a little high. I sold one about 3-4 years ago maybe more for 600.00 with no box. may have gave it away.....................M

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you mind telling us what you had to give for it. [if not that's fine] was looking at one last weekend at a show they where asking 2600.00 I thought a little high. I sold one about 3-4 years ago maybe more for 600.00 with no box. may have gave it away.....................M
Depending on condition, $600 would have been a steal for a diamondback 22. I'm into this one about triple that.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Congratulations on the Diamondback! I don't know what I like more Diamondback .38spls or Pythons. I have a 4" .38spl Diamondback and that is my safe queen. My 6" Python is the shooter. I don't understand why the premium for 22 Diamondbacks over the .38spl's. Must be a production number thing. Personally I would rather have the .38spl variant. You got a dandy though.

·
Premium Member
8,204 Posts
Its nice.. its clean.. its properly boxed.. when you need experts to tell whether its been fired or just stared at.. well. Thats the condition that moves the selling price up to the - just how bad do I .. and how much money will it take - realm for buyers. without the box, in that condition, I'd say that was a good buy. With what you got, I'd say excellent find and outstanding price. its always only worth what people are willing to pay, and that one is what people are willing to pay for. It would resale for more IMO. Luck favors the prepared, and you did well.
strong example you have acquired.. just like I like my coffee... strong.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Beautiful Diamondback.
I have a 6" Diamondback and with Wolf Match Target ammo,I can shoot close to a half inch group with 6 shots at 15 yards. It is as accurate as my Officers model match.
Let us know how yours shoots.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Beautiful Diamondback.
I have a 6" Diamondback and with Wolf Match Target ammo,I can shoot close to a half inch group with 6 shots at 15 yards. It is as accurate as my Officers model match.
Let us know how yours shoots.
I won't be shooting this one, it's become a new safe weight. I have a couple S&W 617 no dashs that I like to shoot once in a while.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.