Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gone through a 3 1/2 month dry spell and finally I'm blessed with oppertunity. It's a 2" barrelled Commando.

How many have seen this expired auction? 2" Commando expired auction The book shows +15% for the 2" barrel. Very seldom do I see a 2" and I think the 15% is low. The value on this auction is insane. I hope he gets it, it's a market place and buyers take notice of "actual" values (not from some blue book). Maybe the market place will drive up the value of my new purchase. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
600 Posts
A: Did you buy a 2" Commando? How about posting some pics of it?

The link you had in your post for the expired auction led me to find that it has been re-listed. The guy still has not sold it, and the bidding is over $1000.
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=35091008

When a seller has an item up for auction multiple times, the message I come away with is that the seller is too ambitious, and set his price too high.

I like the Commando revolvers as well, and am lucky to have picked up a couple of the 2" versions over the years. I don't personally believe that the values on them have appreciated to the level that this seller seems to think they have, at least I hope they have not. While on the one hand it is nice to see an asset appreciate (I still remember that my 401K turned into a 101K a few years ago and has never recovered), on the other hand I don't like to see things like this get so out of whack that new collectors, and older collectors with changing tastes, are priced out of the market. The laws of economics are fairly immutable, alas, and I guess this is inevitable.

Charlie Flick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts