Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yep, bought the 4 inch anaconda, looks good setting next to my python and dick special, now I need a diamondback.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I've often thought about a 4 inch Anaconda. I just wish they had built them in .45 Colt also.
Oh well I still have a few more serpents to run down to finish off my nest. They are some slippery devils to find sometimes.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Majic; Colt DID make a 4" Anaconda in .45 Colt. Turn to pg. 28 on June 2004 "Handloader" magazine,and you will see one! This is the feature gun in Brian Pearces column. He talks about the too large cylinder throats hampering accuracy,until he had a .44 magnum cylinder rechambered with .452 throats (.458 original cylinder). But he does go on to say that according to Colt,the "4 inch barrel is scarce,with only a few having been made".So,start looking!! Bud

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yep, the Anaconda in 45 Colt is a bit on the rare side. I really don't understand why Colt and S&W persisted in making 45 Colt revolvers with .451" barrel groove diameter and .458" (sometimes larger!) chamber throats. Well, I guess it is better than 0.452" chamber throats and a 0.458" groove diameter!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Well I've had my 6 incher since the second year they came out. Just never ran across or even heard of the 4 incher. Thanks yall, I'll keep my eyes open for another one of those elusive serpents that keep slipping by me.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Anaconda's were made in 4, 6 and 8 inch trim. The 45 Colt chambering was available in the 6 and 8 inch models and supposedly there are less than a dozen 4 inchers chambered in 45 Colt. 44 Magnum was available in all three barrel lengths. That is according to my information.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone have a ratio of 8 in to 6in to 4 in .44 mag built? anyway to tell when mine was built, ser no MM42xxx?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts