Colt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a home run for me in so many ways .

my first case colored SAA - this forum greatly influenced

my my first set of Stags - this forum greatly influenced
They are one piece to boot , which is also my first.

Feel lucky to have in a black powder frame - my second
From what I read , they are quite uncommon .

Not perfect, (pretty damn nice though )...but perfect for me .

Five and one half FortT five , Thanks for looking .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Smutt - I’m thinking it is a 2006 , wondering why there is 2 listings for same serial #.
I feel it is the Custom , just because of the stocks . I really like the markings, bark or texture .
I like the somewhat symmetrical out lay of the material , and love that it is somewhat matching
concave at the bottom of stock ..... they fit very well , put not perfect.

i will letter , and as stated any info on 2 line lookup appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mosby and Mumps - thanks so much , I am proud to own and happy to share .
I like seeing pictures of members guns and purchases.
The stories of things I am interested in .

i also feel I got a great deal , I really didn’t think I was gonna get it , especially at starting bid .
i felt anyone who had enough interest to look at it would want . I think I told my FFL $ 1856 max .
So once again I real happy to have it .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks shooter , your big photos are awesome and getting right up there with Hop’s sill and even though we haven’t seen lately - Tony’s SL great photographs ......... shout out to Rick Bowles - Forum NEEDS a contest for Christmas, PLEASE !

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Black powder frame , which was the original design . In factual nomenclature I would assume it was for the propellant used .
But after stronger strength of material , it is moot .

To me , these days BPF means to remove the cylinder pin there is a screw in the frame to remove said pin .
Also would come with a round , or “ bullseye “ ejector rod head .

pre 1900 ( don’t know actual year ) this screw was replaced by a spring loaded “cross pin “ - to push and relive tension in locking notch on cylinder pin .

i don’t think I’m the only one , but I sometimes feel I need a third hand to depress the cross pin and remove or insert cylinder pin. My hands obviously have mad lubricant on them which doesn’t help

The BPF screw style is very easy , but better have or buy the perfect screwdriver.

i have also heard the screws are really shitty fit , luckily I’ve had no problems .

in addition to ease for me, I just think they ( frame) look cooler , and ultimately cleaner .

Bottom line ........ for simple visual identification- look for naked or the cross pin “ button “ to determine .
it is basically parallel and just behind ( towards hammer end of revolver) the cylinder pin , but a little lower.
also check the ejector rod head for bullseye, or 1/2 moon crescent shape

1 - 16 of 16 Posts