Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I am new here, but well known over at a number of forums, to include the Ruger forum, The High Road, and Sixshooter Community.

I hate making my first post a for sale ad, but I believe this is the best forum for the item I have to offer.

I have a brand new in the original Colt oil paper wrapping New Service barrel. This is a 4.5" .38-40 barrel in excellent, unused, brand new condition.

Has perfect Colt bluing, a "fish hook" front sight, and is untouched, unmodified, uncannily new, new, new.

Barrel markings are as follows:

COLTS PT FA MFG CO HARTFORD, CT USA.
PAT'D AUG.5, 1884 JUNE 5, 1900 JULY 4, 1905

NEW SERVICE 38 W.C.F.

All markings are sharp and clear, the oil paper is tattered however, which is not too unusual, given that this barrel is easily over 60 years old.

Asking $75 shipped to your castle....

Otony

·
Registered
4 Posts
38 WCF Barrel

Howdy, I just purchased a .38-40 WCF, COLT | 1917, NEW SERVICE, but the previou owner polished off some of the markings on the barrel. Is this one blued or nickel. I am really looking for the 7 a half inch but this one is the same markings and length as original. Thanks Wen

·
Registered
4 Posts
38/40 barrel

I would like to buy it let me know how to get in contact with you I can pay via pay pal it sounds exactly like the barrel that's on it with clear markings, thanks Wen

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Otony, welcome to Coltforum, and what a way to enter the room, with a NOS vintage Colt barrel!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Seven year old first and only post? :bang_wall:

Buck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello folks, I actually received a PM re: this barrel, if you can believe that!Barrel is LONG gone, as this post was/is seven years old. Heck, we don't even live in the Bay Area, have not done so for over four years, LOL!Back from the dead. I guess I should participate more, eh?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts