Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One seller currently has a Grizzly and a Kodiak for sale on GB. They have both been buffed by someone to a bright stainless finish. Neither has the original box or papers. With more than 8 days left in the auctions, the bid on the Grizzly is $5,000 and the bid on the Kodiak is $4,625. Both bids will almost certainly increase (probably substantially) before the auctions end. I would have thought that the buffing and lack of box and papers would have kept the prices down, but in the current market for snakes these factors apparently don't matter much any more. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I almost registered a new username Snakeguy2 to post this question.... :p*

But how much does a non-factory polishing on a standard stainless (not bright) Colt tend to affect the value? I asked in another thread somewhere but didn't get a response. I could see it going either way - either it loses value for not being original, or it maintains value and cancels out the "not original" because people like the look. It might be different on something as rare as a Grizzly or Kodiak, but what about on an Anaconda or King Cobra?

*Edit: Okay, I swear there was a post before mine by a guy named Snakeguy1. Must have gotten removed.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
I almost registered a new username Snakeguy2 to post this question.... :p

But how much does a non-factory polishing on a standard stainless (not bright) Colt tend to affect the value? I asked in another thread somewhere but didn't get a response. I could see it going either way - either it loses value for not being original, or it maintains value and cancels out the "not original" because people like the look. It might be different on something as rare as a Grizzly or Kodiak, but what about on an Anaconda or King Cobra?
To any real Colt aficionado, anything done to an original Colt, in this manner, will certainly decrease its intrinsic value.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
lifesizedpotato,I owned an Anaconda that came from Colt ported and polished.It would knock your eyes out but after shooting it for a few boxes of 44 mags my old joints and hands couldn't put up with it so I sold it.:bang_wall: D*

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.