Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a huge lever action guy, but I do own a few. Have a cool Ruger 96 in mint ship, one of my favorites, but I was talking to an old timer I know, and I can get a Browning B92 in 44 mag in 95% condition on the low end, no box. What's a fair price? Low round count...Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
They are great rifles and the name "Browning" has more weight than "Morucu" who made them. There is no tang safety like Morucu guns made for Winchester (I think they have safeties). I bought a used on in 1985 but the links above must be current asking prices. If you can deal for far less than that, get it. There seems to be a shortage of Rossi rifles so the better Browning is a good catch. Hope I spelled Morucu right.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the deal, I'm aware of all the current auctions with no bids, which are irrelevant, found a few new in the box--which really isn't a comparible...I can get the gun for $635 cash firm. I already tried to negotiate, it ain't happenin'. What say you??

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
$635? I would beat feet back there and grab it.
Without hesitation. We have one of the Centennials like pictured above. Can't remember what we paid but it was lNIB.
Any price below $800 for a nice one would be a good buy IMO. For $635 a good deal. The box add $100

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
The price of $635 is a heck of a deal. These are great little lever actions. Very well made guns. I have a B-92 in .357 and another in .44 Mage. Both are 90% or so for condition. The .357 is lots of fun. Haven't fired the .44 Magnum yet I paid more then $635 for each of mine and that was a few years ago..

Hit the cash machine tonight and go get that great little lever gun. You really don't want to miss out on this one. JMHO.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I would pay $635 for a R92-Rossi 16'' in 44 mag yesterday... lol

Let alone a Browning

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
I shot a friends BLR. They are two different breeds meaning in calibers available. The BLR shoots the higher powered rifle cartridges and the 92`s and copies are 357 and 44 mag. The 92`s are more traditional and lighter. I was raised in Wisconsin too. All of them will kill a deer but much depends at what length range you hunt in cover wise. I own quite a few levers.
https://www.browning.com/products/firearms/rifles/blr/current-production.html

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Anybody know how long these were made? Is this a better gun than the BLR?

Only Lever Action better is a made in the USA real Winchester:

My circa 1977

Designer: John Browning
Designed: 1894
Produced: 1894—2006
Number built: 7,500,000+

The 1894 was produced by the Winchester Repeating Arms Company through 1980 and then by U.S. Repeating Arms under the Winchester brand until they ceased manufacturing rifles in 2006.

Reproductions are being made by the Miroku company of Japan and imported into the United States by the Browning Arms company of Morgan, Utah.

The millionth Model 1894 was given to President Calvin Coolidge in 1927, the 1½ millionth rifle to President Harry S. Truman on May 8, 1948 and the two millionth unit was given to President Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1953.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts