Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
?Spanish? ?Used on Spanish made S&W copies?

rayb

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,071 Posts
No.
Not unless you just happen to find an owner of that brand revolver that desperately needs a set of replacement grips.

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
The Monogramme looks like the letters "AGC" to me ( but I am not confident that is the correct order of the letters ).

And, looks Spanish, also...but could be American - there were many small frame 'Break Tops' back when, which had that form of Grip.

Not 'Browning'.

I do not know of any Hand Gun ever made under any Browning patent which would have had that shape Grip.

Good looking old Hard Rubber Stocks!

You might do well to go to the 'Gunboards' Forum under their 'Spanish Pistol Board' section, and see if anyone there can ID the Monogramme.

The Spanish Pistol Board

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Monogramme looks like the letters "AGC" to me ( but I am not confident that is the correct order of the letters ).

And, looks Spanish, also...but could be American - there were many small frame 'Break Tops' back when, which had that form of Grip.

Not 'Browning'.

I do not know of any Hand Gun ever made under any Browning patent which would have had that shape Grip.

You might do well to go to the 'Gunboards' Forum under their 'Spanish Pistol Board' section, and see if anyone there can ID the Monogramme.

The Spanish Pistol Board

Thanks I'll look..

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Not 'Browning'.

The Spanish Pistol Board
I also thought they could GAM The G being the large circular letter, the A positioned inside the circular G and the M inside of the A. I am only into them for $25 but the fun, olr tirture as one may see it, is in the search for thier identification and a screw. I should offer a reward for the first correct id LOL...

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
There is no "M" present in the emblem/monogramme - the 'tall' Letter is an "A".

The other two letters are a "C", and, a "G".

$35.00 would be reasonable asking price for these...more would be a little too much far as good will goes I think.

Anyone who has a Spanish Revolver really deserves sympathy and compassion...and all the more so if the Revolver is in need of correct Stocks.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is no "M" present in the emblem/monogramme - the 'tall' Letter is an "A".

The other two letters are a "C", and, a "G".

$35.00 would be reasonable asking price for these...more would be a little too much far as good will goes I think.

Anyone who has a Spanish Revolver really deserves sympathy and compassion...and all the more so if the Revolver is in need of correct Stocks.
For sure..................yet I picked these up on a whimsical impulse buy. I find it interesting no one really recognizes the insignia/monogramme/emblem. A company that went so far as to design and manufacture a intricate grip emblem, couldn't have been all that of a amatuer or crappy company. I just have to keep digging.

Since I only paid $25 I have set myself up on a trip to the truth...Fun and a good learning experience along the way. I'll get my $25 worth of knowledge out of them just doing the research...

Thanks all.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For sure..................yet I picked these up on a whimsical impulse buy. I find it interesting no one really recognizes the insignia/monogramme/emblem. A company that went so far as to design and manufacture a intricate grip emblem, couldn't have been all that of a amatuer or crappy company. I just have to keep digging.

Since I only paid $25 I have set myself up on a trip to the truth...Fun and a good learning experience along the way. I'll get my $25 worth of knowledge out of them just doing the research...

Thanks all.
I tried to but there was a problem in signing up. I'll try again...Thanks OD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts