Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Might be a little problem with end shake as seen on the recoil shield and the impression of the start extractor. I have several Pythons that were shot a lot and there is no such mark on the recoil shield. Is there forward and aft play in the cylinder?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
It's right as rain. As for it being new, I have 3 that have never seen the range. That being said they do exist. On GB they are running over $4g but in my opinion that s high. I purchased a factory engraved in a case with ivory grips for $5. So take it from there. I think these things are getting way out of hand soon they are going to price them selves out of reach of the average buyer and there is going to be a reality check when they have to drop prices to be able to make a sale. Just my opinion. You can ask big money all day long but if it sits on the shelf then it isn't worth what you want. There will be another gun that comes along and it will replace the hot item of today like it always does.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I personally think you should buy any nice condition Stainless Python you can afford and put it away for a rainy day. They are NOT going to "Come down", they are now Blue Chip investments and not so much a Firearm. Sure they still shoot but who gives a hoot about that anymore? I'm buying mine and if you don't and wait for the Reality Check to come, well, you will be on the outside lookin' in. JMHO

No harm meant KMK, I know saying this right on the heels of your post might seem foul but not directed towards you, just how I feel.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I started this thread because I thought it was high even for a Python in California. It was listed on a California forum. Looks like the guy has moved it to Gunbroker.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=361036300

It's always good to hear from the experts and I don't consider myself one of them at this time, however, I believe that the meteoric rise of Python prices will level, and maybe dip so there will be buying opportunities. Value of course is determined by market. And let's face it. There are only so many people that can afford $5K revolvers as an investment. Personally I have purchased 6 in the last 3 months, most recently a Combat Python. In California i am used to paying top dollar. But just like our real estate I think Pythons will continue to rise In price with occasional buying opportunities. I just wished I had the same buying options as you guys.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
'Combat Python' ! ---- We need pics!
Its in jail right now (California 10 day wait) I will start a thread on it when I get it. Found it on Guns America, unfortunately no box or papers. Finding one in California from a private party was near impossible. I was more then just a little excited.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a NIB BSTS Python I bought in the late 80's for $785. I remember years ago when they were selling for $1500 to $1800. I told myself if they ever got to $2500 I would think hard about selling it. Glad I didn't and now I can't see ever selling it unless some dire financial calamity arose. They might dip now and then but the curve will always be on the upswing long term.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts