Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
925 Posts
Drawing from it is easy. You can pull either striaght up. or pop it through the spring. I haven't got reholstering down pat quite yet,but figuring out how these vintage holster were supposed to work is part of the fun.
I love to get the Sheriff ofr my DS and the 4 inch OP, and a Lewis for the 6 inch OPs.
There is more than one version of the "Sheriff" style, which appears to have originated with Clark, the predecessor company to Bucheimer-Clark; or Lewis, the latter being best known:

Leather Personal protective equipment Arm Leg Footwear
Black Footwear Leather Boot Shoe
Antique Metal Sculpture

As you can see, the pocket was sometimes omitted.

· Registered
925 Posts
There is more than one version of the "Sheriff" style, which appears to have originated with Clark, the predecessor company to Bucheimer-Clark; or Lewis, the latter being best known:

View attachment 43647 View attachment 43648 View attachment 43649 View attachment 43650

As you can see, the pocket was sometimes omitted.
And:

Leather Brown Handgun holster Belt Scabbard
Leather Turquoise Fashion accessory

For some reason the Forum image system doesn't care for my pic of the Clark (floral) with the pocket :-( so it's missing from this post. Note that the Lewis spring doesn't reach the top of the cylinder pocket, while the Bucheimer-Clark and Clark versions do; and that the last black Lewis image uses an entirely different spring and styling more commonly associated with crossdraws such as Safety Speed (but never found with pockets). I have a 6" version of this one in my own collection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.