Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a local dealer who has a 6" Python, blued, serial number 28000 (about 1962?) and the gun looks sharp, there is barely a cylinder ring, no box or papers, stocks not beat up, in fact, hardly a mark on the gun. Does not appear to be a reblue (he says all original) and he wants $1,500 for it. Is there anything in particular I should do to check it out? $1,500 is a lot of money to me and I do trust the dealer but he doesn't handle a lot of high dollar Colts....

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I dont think that sounds out of line at all. The older pythons will bring more all things being equal. I would offer less cant tell might take it but with what U described, if the timing is on and the lockup is good I would say go for it even at 1500.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Most of the Pythons I see in central Texas are in the range of $1500 to $1600. Most are in the condition you described with good original grips but no box or papers. I would think it is a fair price.

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
Make sure the gun's edges are sharp, the side plate and frame fit tightly (no rounded edges or cavernous seams), and the markings are clear. The gun should have a deep, rich, high-polished blue finish. The metal around the screws shouldn't look dished out.

Here are some photos of mine. Sorry I don't have any close-ups. It's a later model, but it should give you an idea. Perhaps other will post some of their photos.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts