Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow I'm going to bid on a gun where the seller has zero feedback. Should this cause concern that the seller has no history? Has anyone been burned due to a seller or buyer having zero feedback?

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
There's a first time for everthing. If nobody buys from him, he'll never have any feedback. Ask some questions. You didn't hear this from me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Oh, and I'm not the seller /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
60 Posts
There are two types of zero feedback.

1. The person was never involved in a transaction. You have an even chance or better, if you believe that most people are honest.

2. The person had previous transactions, but for every good transaction, they had a bad one. Steer clear of this person. They have "Issues."

The other thing you could look at, is whether the person got all their feedback from buying and now, they're selling.
It doesn't necessarily make them bad people. I have a 70+ rating on Gunbroker but only recently had my first sale-type auction.

Some unscrupulous individuals will buy a number of inexpensive items to get the feedback and then sell fake stuff. I'd like to think this is more of an eBay problem than one dealing with our type of stuff.

I can tell you this, I had problems on eBay with flakes and none on GB. Twice, I received guns that had problems and they were corrected 'above and beyond' reasonable expectations.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Look at it this way--what if your first lover had turned you down because you had zero feedback?

[/ QUOTE ]

And all this time I thought it was because I'm bald. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
60 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Tomorrow I'm going to bid on a gun where the seller has zero feedback. Should this cause concern that the seller has no history? Has anyone been burned due to a seller or buyer having zero feedback?

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep in mind that a person with no / low feedback may not be completely familiar with all procedures for the website's auctions. It may require more patience than normal; the other person may need you to explain things you take for granted as being known. Again, not because they're bad people, just don't know. Some people who have done heavy trading on ebay get nervous over gun transactions because of the high dollar amount.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It ended up that this purchase was free of complications and one of my best transactions every.

I recently had 2 transactions from sellers with numerous feedback that took 2 months to finalize. That's excessive. I don't see that it justifies a neg. feedback because I did get the gun. Maybe a neutral feedback is justified.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts