Colt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was in the Lacey, WA store and saw a baby Russian at a decent price. I thought it would go good with my Uberti for CAS shooting. Took a number and started The Wait. Got to a couple of numbers before me (which was a young boy of about 18 and his parents). Called the number and he started up when an older (middle aged) man pushed in front and and said "I have a quick question". The salesman looked at the boy and backed out his number to help the man. He took him to the computer, spent several minutes looking something up and then went into the backroom to get a pistol, brought it out and they started the paperwork. All this time, the kid and his parents are still waiting. They finally got waited on. In the meantime, several of us were grumbling about how they were treated. I got disgusted, gave my number to someone who was waiting and left. This is the second time I've left because of the poor customer service.

I know not to expect any genius' but still....Is this they way we want to introduce youngsters to the gun world?

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
The sad part is the older customer that had to cut in line. I've noticed more and more the rude people out there. At Gun Shows I can't count how many times people have shoved in front of me while I was looking at something on a table. Also in Grocery Stores or Dept. type stores it doesn't matter! As one of my friends said " There's a lot of ME MONSTERS out there". Everythings ME ME ME or MINE MINE MINE!! I'm not sticking up for Cabelas, but a good percentage of the blame goes on the rude dude that cut in. I've actually said several times " Excuse me, but this Gentleman was next" !! It usually works.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
I don't tolerate rude very well. I probably would have interrupted that man and pointed out the youngster was next to be waited on. Could care less what the rude man thought of my observation as well. Sometimes silence isn't golden.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I don't tolerate rude very well.
Hmm...just like Gus in Lonesome Dove slamming the surly barkeep's face into the bar...:bang_wall: He didn't tolerate rude behavior either!

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have met some very nice and helpful folks at gun shops as I traveled over the country. I have also met more rude or indifferent people working behind the counter at gun shops than just about anywhere else. Especially at Bass Pro Shops, in several different stores. I don't understand it. Maybe its because the gun guys think they are in a world unto themselves. In this case the clerk was unfair to other customers which leaves a bitter taste. I used to teach a management course in quality customer service and I can tell you that when this happens in the retail world it is either because management is not paying attention to what the employees are doing, or management IS the problem. Saw an example of this at Bass Pro Shops in Orlando where just about every employee in the store was pissed off and when I spoke the manager about it she basically told me to kiss off. But store managers need feedback-if I get poor service I tell the manager and if I get exceptional service I tell the manager, which usually shocks them more than complaints. :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hmm...just like Gus in Lonesome Dove slamming the surly barkeep's face into the bar...:bang_wall: He didn't tolerate rude behavior either!
I keep a Walker Colt on hand just for that purpose!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Just look around, road rage, cutting in line, talking when someone else is talking, thinking that you should get something for nothing, can not put the phone down, stealing someones identy, thinking you will hit the million dollar lottery and best of all, we are here from the government and we are here to help you. If we look back in a few years and say, those were the good old days, just think what might be ahead of us. That still does not give us a reason to follow the crowd. The path is straight and narrow.

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
I don't tolerate rude very well. I probably would have interrupted that man and pointed out the youngster was next to be waited on. Could care less what the rude man thought of my observation as well. Sometimes silence isn't golden.
Gotta admit I find myself doing the same more often these days as well. Unfortunate the clerk didn't have the courage to standup for what was right and tell the man he had to wait his turn. This kind of buckling under just encourages this kind of arrogant twits over-inflated sense of self-importance. .

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Makes one ask this question: How many of the folks that lost their jobs during the "great recession" truly deserved to be unemployed where they worked? Thinking this clerk and his manager should have counted for two.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update:
1) I was at Cabela's to meet a guy about a gun trade and was killing time while I waited.

2) I e-mailed a complaint to Cabela's and got a response that it was being forwarded to management. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
6,467 Posts
Update:
1) I was at Cabela's to meet a guy about a gun trade and was killing time while I waited.

2) I e-mailed a complaint to Cabela's and got a response that it was being forwarded to management. We'll see.
Good for you. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't tolerate that stuff either. You find a lot of rude people. I was sitting in a movie theatre and a lady next to me moved her leg bumped the man in front of us. He basically yelled and cursed at her during the movie for bumping his chair. I didn't say anything while the movie was going on but when it was over I told him he was an a-hole and that lady didn't mean to bump his chair. He was starting to smart back when I stood up and he thought otherwise. I guess he thought different when another man was involved and he noticed I was 6' 4" and weighed 325. I didn't even know the lady but she thanked me as we walked out.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
This all unfortunately is a reflection of what the "big box stores" have done to us. The clerks are there for their shift and nothing more. They have no vested intrest in the business because of a seemingly never ending supply of customers. Because of the overwhelming selection and inventory, people will continue to put up with rude. The wait until the last minute/I want it now mindset, instead of stopping by Joe's sporting goods a couple weeks early to order in what you need ahead of time from the local guy who knows your name and appreciates you stopping by.

Anyway I feel better now...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just makes a stronger case for patronizing your local gun store. I don't have that problem in the two local stores I buy from. Keep you money local.

De Oppresso Liber

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, update time:

It has been a full workweek as of today. I have received no response from anyone at Cabela's. Of course, that may be only natural as I was complaining about something I witnessed, not something that happened to me. So, they really owe me no response.

I will inform their C/S to check out these web responses but, somehow, I don't think they really care.

·
Premium Member
6,467 Posts
Well, update time:

It has been a full workweek as of today. I have received no response from anyone at Cabela's. Of course, that may be only natural as I was complaining about something I witnessed, not something that happened to me. So, they really owe me no response.

I will inform their C/S to check out these web responses but, somehow, I don't think they really care.
Just because Cabelas may choose to ignor your complaint does not negate the fact that you did the right thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts