Colt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Breaking new ground in gun grading..."Shows deep, original blue and appears new at arm's length."

Seems reasonable to me! As a way of trying to describe fairly high cosmetic condition.

But, farther out on a long continuity - I have sometimes mused on how all sorts of places ought to rent 'Beer Goggles' to save people the trouble of having to be sloshed, for someone or something to look a lot 'better'.

They could even be prescribed by various Councilors or Therapists and so on...or be mandatory for various situations.

Lol...

·
Registered
280 Posts
I was in Cabelas this afternoon looking at a nice SAA when I hold it out at arms length and talking out loud said to myself that's about 98% bluing, a young fellow hears me and says do you mind if I hold it, I replied , be my guest, well low and behold after holding it out, BTW he was a tall fellow, he announces nope its about 96%, well I proceed to tell him that I might be wearing coke bottle thick glasses but I know 98 when I see it , it was then we got into one heck of an argument. All was settled when a midget walked up asked to see the gun, held it out and said youre both wrong its 91% and has a .00025 deep dent in the extractor spring.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looks good from my house.............

Reactions: Malysh

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
When you hire 7 dollar an hour help off the street to describe and price collector type firearms out of a blue book your going to get lots of wrong answers and bad descriptions,, mixed in with a few bargains.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
When you hire 7 dollar an hour help off the street to describe and price collector type firearms out of a blue book your going to get lots of wrong answers and bad descriptions,, mixed in with a few bargains.
John do you know this from experience???

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.