Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received some old Colts from the Estate of a friend this evening. Included were a 1st Gen SAA 7.5" 32-32, and 1903 Army in 32-30; a Model 1892; an Army 1901 & a Model 1917. The SAA has lost most of it's blueing, although there are some scratches.....grips are perfect....; the 1903 Army is probably 70-80%,,nice gun, the 1892 and 1901 Army are OK....not as nice as the 1903. The 1917 is Parkerized and all matching. Trigger is a mess. I think the owner sprayed in WD40 some 20 years ago and it got tough.
Any comments?

·
Registered
602 Posts
The Model of 1917 Colt was originally made as a blued revolver. If the one in the estate is Parkerized, it has been refinished at some point in the past.

How about posting some pics? Are they for sale?

Charlie Flick

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Do you have the year that the SAA was made? Rick

[/ QUOTE ]
Rick: 1910-1911- gun functions fine. I was thinking of sending to Doug Turnbull for a complete redo.
Terry

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[ QUOTE ]
The Model of 1917 Colt was originally made as a blued revolver. If the one in the estate is Parkerized, it has been refinished at some point in the past How about posting some pics? Are they for sale?
Charlie Flick

[/ QUOTE ]
Charlie,
I will think about it. I know the 1917 was redone for WWII and the action is a bit stiff, but I think the owner was one of those guys who sprayed WD40 and left it for years. I will take some time and degrease and lube it.
For sale? I wait a bit and see. The gun has a couple of surface scrathes(minorI) in the parkerized finsish and the action is as I described. Bore is pristine and generally looks nice. Current value is around $500, but I want to play a bit. Will Post photos in a few weeks.
Terry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts