Colt Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
B_g, the only Colt factory produced numbers I have seen or heard are 500 ballpark on the 1988 Combat Pythons, 23 on the 1982-84 timeframe bright nickel standard 3", and guesstimated 50 Combat Pythons with rounded butt and barrel ordered by Wilkerson 2004-5 timeframe.
Have not heard any # on 1982-84 blued 3", or a cumulative 1500 #.

Do you recall source, or have seen a letter on such?

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
The regular production non Combat marked is the highest production numbers. That’s the one you are missing I believe. My memory isn’t the greatest for these but I’m thinking somewhere in the 700-1000 range on those. The WC pythons are the Carol Wilkerson-Harrison Carroll pythons you referenced at 50. There were supposed to be 50 but I believe only 24 or 26 were actually made. I’m quite confident on those numbers for the WC pythons.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've got a NIB 3" Colt Python,square butt, blue finish; no extra markings like "California Combat"; does that mean it's a "regular production" model?

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
If it is as you describe square butt, blue, without “California Combat” or “Combat Python”, just marked like regular pythons, then yes. I believe it was only catalogued one year. Still worth quite a bunch. I know of a guy that bought a minty one no box for around 1500. He turned down 6500. I thought 5k profit was stellar, he said 7500 was was bottom price. That’s been a couple years back.

Reactions: Kerz

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great informations.
Thank you all.
It hurt all the more that I missed it. But I have the privilege of having an unfired Combat Python...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Pacific International eventually became the Olde Sacramento Armoury which, unfortunately, became out of business about 15 years ago. Bit of a destination for me doing the "Northern Gun Store Route" from SF to Sac & back. Got many a good deal there, when they went out of business snagged a few guns at fire sale prices - a Model 29 for $299.00, PPks for $199.00 and a few others that slipped my mind.

Pretty sure they also did the short lived Timberwolf pump rifle.

·
Registered
9,588 Posts
It's a real shame..... California used to be legendary for some great gun stores.
So true...some legendary gun shoots were held there in the '50s and '60s. Weatherby has moved out of CA as well...they went to much more gun- and business-friendly Wyoming.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts