Colt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But I really wasn't happy with my newly purchased Trooper Mk III. It wasn't as nice as I first thought. Solid shooter but not collectible quality.

Freckling and some scratches that I didn't notice in the light of the gun shop.

Had the chance to trade it and I made the deal.

Straight across for this.

Springfield M6 Scout

It's no safe queen but I think I got the better end of the deal with the prices they are bringing now.

Of course that could all change if the start making these rifles again.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Well I learned something, those scouts are worth more than I thought.
They don't do anything for me, but at least I know their relative value for whatever that may be worth in the future.

Looks like you came out a little ahead moneywise, if nothing else.

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Awwwwwwww man........ hurry up and go and get your Trooper back. At least your Trooper had a trigger.

Bud

But I really wasn't happy with my newly purchased Trooper Mk III. It wasn't as nice as I first thought. Solid shooter but not collectible quality.

Freckling and some scratches that I didn't notice in the light of the gun shop.

Had the chance to trade it and I made the deal.

Straight across for this.

Springfield M6 Scout

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
There's nothin wrong with returning a revolver to general circulation if it ain't what you are really after.
And swappin' out for a cool military survival piece is better either way.
You can scrounge up anohter Trooper that meets your criteria, and still be ahead. But by all means, get the revolver thing figured out before those go nutzo like some of the others.

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
I'd of kept the Trooper, but I'm glad you are happy with the deal. Life is short and you are dead a long time. That you are happy with the deal is what counts.

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
From the way this thread reads, if you traded a fairly rough 500 gun for a nice 850-900 gun, I think we could only say you crazy like a FOX imo!!! Trades like that rarely come up...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts