Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy Gents, I've got a Python I want to shoot, but the grips are aftermarket grips and are NOT comfortable for my hands. I'm looking for advice on where to go to get new grips that are comfortable to SHOOT with. Not looking for original grips as these would not recoup the cost anytime soon for the total price I would have in the gun. I'm thinking of something like the Elite grips, but I haven't actually felt them yet. My hands and fingers are average length, but are thick (size 12 ring finger). I'd also like to enclose the rear of the grip. Anyone know of anything that could be comfortable AND look decent for under $100 or am I dreaming? Point me in the right direction please...

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention...I prefer wood to rubber or plastic.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
If you want comfortable just get some good years, when it comes to these I like the ones with the finger grooves. I myself prefer to shoot them with service type stag grips. It positions my hands on the trigger much better than the full stocks.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Loco I have a set of wood grips that came on a 4in python, They have finger grooves pretty wood and are in decent shape. I dont know who made them, if U are willing to risk 25.00 they are yours and if U dont like them I think they will bring alittle more. I dont do pics but I think U will like them if not u can always resale them. They look like some of the old hogue wood grips. PM me if u want

·
Registered
161 Posts
I bought some hogue rubbers that fit me perfect on any gun I've put them on. They also make them in exotic woods but they most likely wont do as well to absorb recoil

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
you can go to e bay and they have a great deal of grips there. Type in Python grips and the world is at your fingers. I purchased a set of smooth coco bolo grips and they feel fantastic. I didn't want to ruin the originals. Oh yeah it cost me $58. They also had the colt disc on them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you can go to e bay and they have a great deal of grips there. Type in Python grips and the world is at your fingers. I purchased a set of smooth coco bolo grips and they feel fantastic. I didn't want to ruin the originals. Oh yeah it cost me $58. They also had the colt disc on them.
I've seen some and like some, but have you come across any with my preferred specs? I'm looking for experience on a set of comfortable for fat fingered hands, finger grooves, covering (and thereby protecting) the backstrap, wood grips. Are yours similar to the Hogue-like grips gruesome describes? I was originally thinking something like the Python Elite grips, but I don't think those cover the backstraps. Photos certainly wouldn't hurt...

·
Registered
2,340 Posts

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Have Elite stocks , not as nice to shoot as the 2 & 3 Gen original grips, for large hands .Gen 2 is the best IMHO (larger).For your criteria, suggest Bonded Ivory stocks w/ finger grooves , gold colt Medallions.Keystonearms, member here, sells them.Forget the backstrap thing unless you want rubber grips.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I sent U my address I hope u get it I think I did it right. If u get the add. on the pm great if not send me another pm with your add. and I will get them in the mail if u like them send the money if not send them back. No worries hope them are what u need.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts