Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
It doesn't look correct to me. The barrel address is wrong if you believe the BOCFA and there was never a step in the barrel that I have heard of... Probably some other things too if you examine the pictures in detail by downloading them and viewing with magnification, which I didn't do that... I would say that the "Cottage Industry" is alive and well in PA... Just my opinion... Bob Best

·
Registered
132 Posts
The serial number is too early for an 8", all of which were late production. That gun looks queer as a 3 dollar bill.

Bill

·
Registered
27 Posts
Which part of this gun is wrong? Is it just the barrel or have they used a regular frame to make a Camp Perry Model.

Dwight

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the supporting opinions. I was poised to jump on this one with both feet, but the odd barrel put on the brakes. I don't think there's a problem with the frame as the swing open barrel/crane was unique to the Camp Perry, but the barrel step and length were wrong for the rest of the gun. The s/n checks out to 1926 but the 8 inch barrel didn't come along until 1934+/-....and the step??? My first thought was to search for a Camp Perry barrel I saw for sale somewhere in the past few weeks. If I could have found that barrel, I think I might have purchased the gun anyway. Does anybody remember where and when the Camp Perry barrel was offered for sale? I know I saw it, and remember because that's something you don't often see, but I can't locate it on any of my usual haunts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts