Colt Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
10,668 Posts
Guns, automobiles, motorcycles, basically anything mechanical.
And it seems axiomatic that just after the current model is perfected after a few years they come out with a "new and improved" model that starts the cycle all over again.

Reactions: MarkInTx

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Rubber mallet! Yeah the 2020 Python steel is very strong and sure you were mindful,but I personally would be sweating about possible after affects on the crane.
Yikes.
Hope for the best!

·
Premium Member
9,659 Posts
Rubber mallet! Yeah the 2020 Python steel is very strong and sure you were mindful,but I personally would be sweating about possible after affects on the crane.
The linear force used to overcome a small burr will not bend the crane. I suspect the heal of the hand would have done the job.

·
Premium Member
4,313 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Got in touch with heffron precision. Sending it out tomorrow for an action job. Probably end up doing that for the anaconda if I ever find one for sale

·
Registered
29 Posts
Trash! Ha, Not hardly
Better than the originals in most ways. Learn something about firearms.
They’re trash, you buy one colt, ok 2 and the second one is probably a vintage python and you’re a expert, let me ask you of all new colt revolver recently released how many do you think have gone back to the mothership for repairs. I have several older pythons and they’re excellent revolvers fit and finish are expertly performed. This new pieces of crap are junk plain and simple. Garandster, they could be really good firearms if colt’s qc did a better job of policing the stuff they sell. Ask anyone who has owned a older python to compare the new ones and they won’t cause there’s no comparison

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ask anyone who has owned a older python to compare the new ones and they won’t cause there’s no comparison

I will! I have both and the new Python is every bit as good as my 1972 6" blued Python and the 1980 4" blued Python I used to have. My wife asked me "If you had the opportunity to trade the new Python for your old 4" Python would you?" That 4" has a lot of sentimental value, I bought it new and carried it as my duty gun for several years and I know where it is. My answer to her was an emphatic no, I would not give up the new Python to get my old one back.

How many of the new Pythons have you owned?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
They’re trash, you buy one colt, ok 2 and the second one is probably a vintage python and you’re a expert, let me ask you of all new colt revolver recently released how many do you think have gone back to the mothership for repairs. I have several older pythons and they’re excellent revolvers fit and finish are expertly performed. This new pieces of crap are junk plain and simple. Garandster, they could be really good firearms if colt’s qc did a better job of policing the stuff they sell. Ask anyone who has owned a older python to compare the new ones and they won’t cause there’s no comparison

No I have both multiple examples.... You would be incorrect sir in your allegation. How many do you own?

·
Registered
156 Posts

The new ones have a better design. Execution of that design, however, has been pretty spotty.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I will! I have both and the new Python is every bit as good as my 1972 6" blued Python and the 1980 4" blued Python I used to have. My wife asked me "If you had the opportunity to trade the new Python for your old 4" Python would you?" That 4" has a lot of sentimental value, I bought it new and carried it as my duty gun for several years and I know where it is. My answer to her was an emphatic no, I would not give up the new Python to get my old one back.

How many of the new Pythons have you owned?
Until they do better qc you couldn’t give me one, they can do a better job of finishing they’re new snake guns. Im a colt fan I just wish they did a better job on the action.

·
Registered
29 Posts
No I have both multiple examples.... You would be incorrect sir in your allegation. How many do you own?
I don’t own any new pythons again cause they’re trash everyone in here is probably a Biden supporter and are getting butt hurt when the hear the truth, honestly let’s compare the craftsmanship of older pythons and anacondas with the new ones. Be honest with yourself and don’t just say this stuff cause you’re invested and you bought a new one. My wife bought me a new colt cobra and it’s an excellent gun, finish though lacks some work but the actions is amazing, I have read and know first hand accounts of people who have bought the new ones cause they don’t want to spend the cash on a vintage ones and they complain that when they compare their new python with mine the triggers feel a bit different. More stacking on older units than new ones but I think the new ones need a bit more qc and senior craftsmen doing final fit and inspection to get them above the older units. It’s just an opinion I’m not always right, frankly I’m wrong more than I’m right but Old Colt would have never let a python go out knowing they had problems with cranes locking up or cylinders being stuck or not firing or failures to cycle. Prove me wrong

·
Administrator
7,261 Posts
Relax Roland , 29 posts in 6 yrs and you go off the deep end today .

You may return in a week if you chose , although why you would want to hang with us Biden supporters is a mystery .

Reactions: MarkInTx

·
Administrator
7,261 Posts
I think I'd consider sending it to Colt even though the crane is freed up . Tell them the story . Give them a link to this thread . Ask for a better trigger pull and whatever else it needs .

21 - 40 of 40 Posts