Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, everybody. So, here’s the story... I borrowed my motorhome to a homeless guy who subsequently stripped it of all viable parts, trashed it, and left it on abandoned on an obscure street on the outskirts of Reno (There are actual spray painted depictions of male genitalia on the outside. Yeah, it’s bad). When I recovered it, I found within this item that I’m starting to believe is of more value than the motorhome itself! Of course, the only way I can determine it’s value is to ask a bunch of people who are subject matter experts; thus, I’m posting this to you! Can anyone confirm that this is a Colt Walker Transition .44 Bullet Press? If it is not, que cera, cera. If so, any approximations as to what it’s valued at? The guy TRASHED my motorhome when I was just empathetic to someone who was unemployed and seemed to be in a tough spot, so hopefully this IS what my initial research seems to be saying it is and this act of kindness wouldn’t have all been for none. Also, I was an officer in the Army and served in Iraq commanding resupply convoys for 1/89 CAV Recon. I was assigned to the Dragoons (Delta Troop), so the irony would be pretty funny. Thanks, guys!!!!

·
Registered
986 Posts
This is the wrong forum for this question. You need to post it and photos in the percussion forum.

·
Premium Member
4,359 Posts
First, is there the slightest hint that methamphetamine is involved? Even if not, my first call wouold be to Reno PD to see if such an item is in their stolen database. If he'll rip you off, what about a stranger? Reno...hmmmm. There are a ton of gun collectors in Reno. He is long gone now, but one of those collectors was a man named Robert Enewold. If it is a genuine article, it might well have been in his collection.

Reactions: bearcat6
1 - 3 of 3 Posts